Joystick problum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Type use_joystick 1 in the console, proceed to set up your controls in the control setup menu.

As long as we have a topic about this, has anyone gotten a dual-stick gamepad thingamawhosit to work FPS style?

Do you mean like strafing when using left and right? Yes, you can use an analog gamepad for strafing.

You would go to the options, then you go into setup controls. Then you should see something like setup joysticks and then you can use the x-axis for strafing instead of turning.

I can go forward with the axis but not turn.
I had a long time in red volcaino.
I had to be in god mode just to beat the 1st part.
And now my arrow keys won't work on srb2.

Torgo said:
Do you mean like strafing when using left and right? Yes, you can use an analog gamepad for strafing.

You would go to the options, then you go into setup controls. Then you should see something like setup joysticks and then you can use the x-axis for strafing instead of turning.
Actually, my problem lies in the uncooperation of the second stick.

Once I had problems with the joystick, I had to enable it from the console. And luckily it is a digital joystick (I use axis to turn and two buttons to strafe) so enabling it as a digital joystick directly was enough, if it was analog it would have become a pain...

For some reason SRB2 doesn't detect joysticks by itself... Odd...

To BlueZero4:
Oh, then try experimenting with the other axis like the z-axis. If srb2 doesn't show a z-axis you can try finding joytokey and use that while running srb2.

I find something problematic when people don't use the keyboard for this game. It is way too easy to waste joystick precision on.

I'm very confused as to the "Axises" (Axes, maybe?)

Would any of you care to explain the difference between X-Axis, X-Axis-, and X-rudder?

If I recall correctly, X = Width, Y = Height, and Z = Depth, but I can't really figure out how that corresponds with my controller's analog sticks.

With my gamepad:

X-axis = left right on the left thumbstick
Y-axis = up down on the left thumbstick
Z-axis = left right on the right thumbstick
Z-rudder = up down on the right thumbstick

I figured that out by experimenting with the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back