tri monitor support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there tri monitor support for this game? Like a lot of racing sims use softth's config for 3 monitors without a triple head 2 go. So I have 3x24in monitors, and I think it'd be pretty awesome to play this game across 3 monitors(With a correct fov). Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?
PS: this is softth config http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/
Oh and also if you need to know my res it's 5760x1080 (1920x1080)(3)

Mystic said:
SRB2 doesn't support multiple monitor setups at all. Sorry.
This should be the number one priority :P. Then again maybe not, but can you imagine seeing SRB2 on 3 monitors? That would be sick.

I really can't imagine because raycasting engines probably aren't the best choice for ultra-widescreen displays =P

Mystic said:
I really can't imagine because raycasting engines probably aren't the best choice for ultra-widescreen displays =P
I don't know anything about SRB2/doom engine, but isn't there a slim chance of doing it somehow with opengl?

Possible, I guess, but we don't support OpenGL anymore so there's not anyone right now on the dev team doing something as basic as "getting OpenGL mode to not crash on boot", never mind adding support for a monitor setup almost nobody has.

Mystic said:
Possible, I guess, but we don't support OpenGL anymore so there's not anyone right now on the dev team doing something as basic as "getting OpenGL mode to not crash on boot", never mind adding support for a monitor setup almost nobody has.
How come opengl got abandoned? I think it looks noticeably better, but then again, SRB2 isn't about the graphics :P

saturatedfat said:
Mystic said:
How come opengl got abandoned? I think it looks noticeably better, but then again, SRB2 isn't about the graphics :P

It's as simple as the dev team not bothering to fix up OpenGL. You're not the only one who's gutted, join the club. =P

saturatedfat said:
Because we were having to do double the effort to keep both renderers up to date, and OpenGL doesn't behave properly in many situations, so it got dropped.

Dunno, but something over the last 2-3 years has broken it beyond booting. I suspect when ME comes out someone outside the dev team will probably fix it.

Mystic said:
Dunno, but something over the last 2-3 years has broken it beyond booting. I suspect when ME comes out someone outside the dev team will probably fix it.

Ever find out when you play certain levels the camera gets stuck in Open-GL?

Yeah, thats one of the reasons I hate playing Open-GL since camera gets stuck behind/under a FOF.

Doom Legacy 1.28 (possibly 1.26, I can't remember... it was an old version). Had a feature where you ran the game as the 'server', then ran two copies of the game as clients that connected to the server. Using either the -left or -right parameter, the clients would attach themselves to the server player's view, except looking right or left. This allowed you to play the game with 3 monitors.

threeway.png

I guess Sonic has three heads.

And each head has different ring amounts and special rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back