2 issues from a new level designer

Solid SOAP

Hello,

I am super new to level editing in SRB2... well level editing in general. Other than a few maps in Mario Maker, I haven't made shit, lol. I am having two issues primarily that I would appreciate being addressed.

Issue 1

So, I'm having an issue

I have placed an item on an elevated platform. Here is the item in Visual Mode:

item-placement.png

However, when I try it out in Play Mode, it... isn't there.

where-is-it.png

Issue 2

I can't jump over the gates I placed around the hexagon where the emblem should be. I have "Solid Midtexture" checked off because I wanted the gate to function as, well, a gate. However, the solidness of said gate seems to be infinitely as high as the ceiling. Why is this?

I am at a loss, lol. I've been looking through the tutorial and watching tutorial videos on YouTube and still am not entirely sure how to solve these problems. I would appreciate any help I can get. I'd really like to contribute a level or two at some point!

Last edited:
For the first: Emblems are disabled during modified games.
Because you are launching SRB2 and loading a mod, the game is instantly marked as modified, thus emblems refuse to spawn.
You can either create custom gamedata to accompany your mod, allowing emblems to spawn as usual, or you might want to replace emblems with a different collectible.
Here's some info about custom emblems explaining how they are set up.
Here's info about MainCfg.

The second: Make sure that you haven't marked the linedefs forming the fence as "impassable". Impassable linedefs block all movement through it.

Last edited:
For the first: Emblems are disabled during modified games.
Because you are launching SRB2 and loading a mod, the game is instantly marked as modified, thus emblems refuse to spawn.
You can either create custom gamedata to accompany your mod, allowing emblems to spawn as usual, or you might want to replace emblems with a different collectible.
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/MainCfg
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Custom_unlockables_and_emblems

The second: Make sure that you haven't marked the linedefs forming the fence as "impassable". Impassable linedefs block all movement through it.

Thank you! Omg I feel like an idiot for that first one, haha

I haven't labeled them as impassable, oddly enough. Not sure what the issue is.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back