Beer, Drugs, and Fags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

somestrangeflea said:
So, the topic for the <indeterminate> is this:
What are your attitudes and opinions on the use of narcotics, alcohol, and cigarettes? Do you? Should you? Are you allowed to? Should you be allowed to? How much? How often? How?

[topic]

This.

And lawl fag.

Gotta agree. Pot is the only drug worth using, aside from the hard stuff (but most of us shouldn't touch that).

After watching some people smoke pot and then proceed to eat unimaginable quantities of food, I highly doubt smoking pot will keep you from becoming obese.

Booze is the best of the three because it's actually legal, and it's actually good for you in small amounts.

SSNTails said:
After watching some people smoke pot and then proceed to eat unimaginable quantities of food, I highly doubt smoking pot will keep you from becoming obese.

Booze is the best of the three because it's actually legal, and it's actually good for you in small amounts.

Gotta agree with SSN there.

Also agreed with SSN. Plus the fact that the meer thought of it doesn't make me sick.

Yeah, and I'll admit, it does taste kind of nice, but I wouldn't drink it, personally.

Cigarettes are disgusting; my dad smokes, and whenever I come back from his house, I always get the clothes I was wearing washed, since they smell like smoke... horrible.

And drugs... just no. Dangerous, and if they become dependant, can mess people up. Bad.

Marijuana is a much safer drug than alcohol. The lethal dose is unbelievably huge, a thousand times or more the dose required to get you high. (In other words, in practice, MJ won't kill you. Ever.) For alcohol the lethal dose is only 10-20 times.

http://www.americanscientist.org/template/AssetDetail/assetid/50773?print=yes
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm

Marijuana is also less addictive (granted, this one is from a biased source -- check their reference if you're skeptical):

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3418#question8

Why is alcohol legal and marijuana not? Because it happened that way. No other reason. If marijuana were the drug of choice, we'd probably be a lot safer.

Wow, a441 comes back to tell us about pot. :-(

Marijuana is not addictive at all. There is a risk of dependency, though.

But marijuana does have greater effects on people.

And you smoke it.

I'll stick with... I don't know. I'm not 21 yet.

Why are some of you saying these, or booze is are good? These 3 produects ARE killer ingredients.

Booze might be legal, but it's just as bad as smoking and taking drugs. Combining these are friggin dangerous, e.g. Booze + let's think of a drug, ok heroin = major body effects, or can even kill you. One drink for a very special occasion is ok. But getting yourself ratassed because you want to drink until your heart's content is stupid and pathetic, not only can you waste your money, but wasting vital organs, and even your life like George best, the legendary footballer died because he was a master boozer, and had to have a liver transplant, and then he does the same thing again, and wastes the 2nd liver, and someone could need that for a life situation, and he wastes it, then he's in hospital 2 weeks later leading to death. It's absolutely diabolical!. I hate drinking/booze. SSN, even the smallest bit isn't good, none of it is healthy except red wine to help cholesterel in small doses.

Smoking is disgusting. Not only does it make you reek like a ashtray if you are like a amusement, or a bingo hall or something, but you just destroying yourself, and burning your money, affecting others which they suffer when they shouldn't. You can lead to death within 15 - 20 years for constant smoking, and they is a life to get out, and use for the right purposes. If however you go to hospital because of heart/ lung diesase because you smoked in your live for god knows how long. You're gonna wish you regret it once they tell you, you have a few days, or weeks, or don't know how long to live before your dying day.

And drugs, why the **** do people do these things. These are on the same danger line as Booze & cigarettes, infact Booze + a drug afterwards as I said in the booze bit, can even result in danger quickly, or even death. It can really mess your body functions up, your hormones, and just your reputation. You may think you are the mighty of the almighty, next thing, you are miserable as sin. Seriously guys these things happen very quickly, and even if you don't see it at first, it will come and strike you soon.

Every year, more and more people either get themselves ratassed, drugged into the head, or smoke until you fill your lungs with tar because they don't know what risks there are, try to look big, or have a major major problem with it, and if it carries on = eventually death. If some of you struggle to do this,Get some advice from Quitting experts, don't kill yourself for some dangerous products. I don't even know why there was ever such things like this in the first place. What's better, a great life without these 3 things, or using these 3 things all the time, and eventually being days closer to heaven?. You lot decide.

HYPERKNUX said:
Why are some of you saying these, or booze is are good?

Who's saying that, exactly? I mean, drugs might not have any negative effect if you take in a very limited amount, but nobody's saying you should take them over an extended period of time.

If having a drink once in awhile is bad for you, then we may as well add candy bars, ice cream, and cake to the list. Deaths from obesity rank #2 behind smoking, if I remember right.

Any alcoholic drink is good for your cardiovascular system, actually. I have about 3 drinks a month, and not all at the same time. I don't think I'm in trouble. My ancestors used to drink wine at most dinners.

If you don't want to drink anything, that's cool. I usually avoid it myself, most of the time. I bought 24 bottles back in September, and I've only drunk 12 so far.

What's better, a great life, or being 2 steps closer to heaven?

Well, I always say, "Another birthday is one year closer to Jesus!" :)

AJ is right. Having a drink (more specifically, red wine) is indeed good for you, it's just when you get addicted to the stuff that makes it bad. It's just like eating fatty foods, they're good every once in a while, but once you starting eating more and more, you will become addicted and become obese with it.

Everyone should avoid drugs and smoking at all costs. There's nothing beneficial about it.

I've seen the effects of beer and drugs. SCREEE*chrashbangka-boom!* I saw it in the distance (the crash). A truck was swerving like crazy, and narrowly missed us, then... you know what happend.

Booze = Fatigue
Smokes = Disease
Drugs = Mental disfunctions

All sucks like hell, but I'm twelve, so I'm not sure if my observation matters or not

BlueZero4 said:
So, being an alcoholic counts as having a great life, HyperKnux?

No BZ, that wasn't meant to come out like that.

I meant a great life without these 3 things.

And BW, about the booze, some said that it's good because it's legal, and is good in small bits. Yes, maybe on the odd occasion like a special event, or something, but it depends how much quantity the person has of the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back