Spriting

Status
Not open for further replies.

on Edge

I'm good with hex-editing, character select, S_SKIN, and SOCing to accsesorize my character.

The only thing left is spriting. I don't even know how to spell it. Is their a secret everyone is holding back?

The only spriters I can think of are jman and SSN Tails. Jman mass proceces his, and SSN Tails prodeces them really fast considering he has a life. (Like, I mean he's an adult. No offence, jman.)

Well, you did spell spriting right.

Although most people don't know this (infact no one knows it), I can sprite.

It's not hard... it definetly helps with editing game graphics. LOL IM MAKING A CHAR LOL BUT ITS TAKING A LONG TIME BCUZ ITS TALL
Why would you think there was a secret being held back? Just learn how yourself. Go to the Sonic Spriters Network.

I find my sprites generally come out better if I overanalyze. I actually find myself scanning my sprites for individual misplaced pixels >_>

My only problem is motivation. I could go and finish AmyRider and make her look absolutely spiffing, but there's something stopping me and I don't know what.

Wait? Secerts about what? How to make sprites or how to put them in SRB2? Although I am more comfortable making textures instead of sprites, so I most likely couldn't help you much either way...

*ahem*
Example.jpg

Proof that the wireframes do NOT suck, and I can sprite.

I can certainly sprite, though I don't have much to show for it (These two are as close as I've come to a finished product). Normally, I'd say motivation and initiative are my biggest problems, but lately, I've found that I'm more than willing to do something, but I can never seem to flesh my ideas out into something workable, and when I do, I can never seem to get them down on paper; constructing tiny little sprites is one thing, but trying to piece together a cohesive level is a completely different affair.

Segmint said:
God no, those people don't know jack about spriting. Believe me when I say that the best way to learn this stuff is to analyze the artwork in games yourself until you get a feel for how things are supposed to work- the rest boils down to basic art concepts like lighting and perspective.

If you really need some concrete guidance though, well, you might find something worthwhile here.

You dont know me at all.

I am good at ripping sprites, seeing as I the have the read only memory for every game since 1991.

Anyone can rip a sprite. It's what you're doing with that sprite that matters. Really, all you should be doing with that sprite is analyzing it, not actually using it within your art. Ritz has the right idea. And I'm personally not a fan of Sonic Spriters Network either.

Segmint said:
Well, you did spell spriting right.

Although most people don't know this (infact no one knows it), I can sprite.

It's not hard... it definetly helps with editing game graphics. LOL IM MAKING A CHAR LOL BUT ITS TAKING A LONG TIME BCUZ ITS TALL
Why would you think there was a secret being held back? Just learn how yourself. Go to the Sonic Spriters Network.
Chek out this topic(XWE spriting problem) [url]http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=9095
copy and paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back