Spriting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
I'm having this problem for quite some time, and it's bugging me a bit. This is my question. Before I say the question, I can sprite, but this is my first time uploading sprites on XWE (not joking).

On XWE, I look through some sprites on srb2.wad, and I look at 1 sprite, and the object is there, but when I load up one of my sprites, the sprite loads, but I get a white background with it.

I'm using photoshop, and I use magic wand tool to get rid of backgrounds. But it leaves me with a white background as well as the sprite itself.

I'm asking you guys can you help me solve this problem?. It will help a very lot.

What do you mean by the blue background?, I got rid of the sky blue background when I pasted it in photoshop with the magic wand tool.

The overwhelming color in the center of XWE is the color XWE uses as transparent.

Honestly, any funny Photoshop things for transparency won't work.

I found out a way to get rid of the background, I'm using the edit pallete toolbar, and deleted the background.

Thanks for trying helping me though BlueZero4, although this is my first time using this program, and I'm just getting used to it.

Your problem is that you NEED the blue background colour! Set blue to 255 and green to 255 and use it as a background colour.

Fish hook said:
Your problem is that you NEED the blue background colour! Set blue to 255 and green to 255 and use it as a background colour.

For the sprites?. Ok I'll try that then.

Edit: for the background colour, multicoloured pixels are shown in XWE when it's loaded up in JPEG.

I never thought GIF would work, because I think of that as for animations, I could try that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back