Favorite theme of a level...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like he Green Flower-ish textures. Call me crazy, but with the right lighting and sky, you can have a really memorable level.

Also, dark things. If you need a lighter area, still keep it at about 208 or something. If it's darker, it's better. Just keep it playably bright.

I like Firey mountain themed levels, and also levels that have alot of space to move in them, but not crappy.

Heh, my two favorite are underused.
A waterfall-ey greenflower style level is always nice, so long as it hasn't been flooded with enemies. (IE: First level of Acid Missile at day)
An airship is definately my favorite theme though. Just wish there were more out there. (Really can't give an example. Don't think I've ever seen one made)

As long as it isn't mellow, I like any theme, especially grass or snow. Tree Ring is not my favorite zone due to the bland music that haunts it.

I like levels with themes that seem fresh. The official maps are great at originality. Contradicting level names are good, too. Greenflower Zone has no green flowers, Techno Hill has no hills, Castle Eggman... er... will be remade?
I have an idea that has never been used before for a level, but I won't spoil the surprise.

I suppose that forest, city and special stage-themed levels are the ones that sit well with me the most, but in all honesty, I find them all pretty bland at this point- one of the biggest reasons I can't get into wadding is because SRB2's standard textures bore me to death now, and I probably never will until I'm competent enough to scrounge up my own graphics (And I'm slowly getting there, mind). I've got oodles of neat ideas, though.

I guess dark, forbidding castle, factory, and ARK-esque zones. But I like serene parks like Botanic serenity. :) Big areas that are good and exploreable, and good for RPing.

Special stage or ancient ruin. Preferable both for a really surreal feel. Second place goes to fort-type areas, natural or artificial looking.

i've got many, so i will number it.

1 - Beach or Platforms, with a day background.

2 - Sunset Background, Mountain or lava levels.

3 - Cave, Dungeon or Sewer levels.

4 - Night Background, City, graveyard, forest or another platforms.

5 - Sky all sky.

6 - a Base, day or night.

7 - Deep Space, a rounded platform or just inside something, like another base maybe.

I mostly like speedrun levels.

Calm levels. Insane amounts of traps, and up to 10 enemies in the whole level. (Sunken Plant, Red Volcano beta...)

Anything open-ended. Anything without death pits. Anything without crushers of any kind (Hence why I play MKB with Knuckles).

In this order:

1.Night-Time Snowy Levels(Like Mystic's Midnight Freeze Zone)
2.Mountain Levels
3.Underwater Levels
4.Forest Levels
5.Indoor Levels
6.Lava Levels
7.Space Levels with Low Gravity
8.Laboratory Style Levels(Like Metal Flower)
9.Wide Open Spaces(Like Green Flower Zone 2)
10.Castle Style Levels(Not Like Castle Eggman Zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back