Flee instead of Chase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
Is there any way to make an enemy move away from you like it's running instead of chasing you like, well, mostly everything else in SRB2? I'm kind of a noob to socs, still, but I couldn't see anything obvious in the Actions page that would allow me to do this.

Ideally the enemy would move away only when you'd move toward it, but any form of fleeing would be a good start.

Well I'm a little of a noob at socs but for one thing, I know they already made a soc like this for a mod.

It's called:
a_SissyCrawlas.soc

I didn't make the soc though... I can hardly soc.

The socs files were in this mod:
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31291

There another cool socs in that mod as well.

Let me see if I can upload it for you. I'm not sure if it will work for regular srb2 though but it's worth a try. Just try to use this soc as an idea to create a new one.

----------------------------------------------
Here the link:
http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/62408386/file.html

If your having trouble with that link then just download from the original link I gave you.
----------------------------------------------

Edit: Ok so I tested the socs in normal srb2 and it messed up some things on the crawlas. I guess that soc only works in the mod. But you can still use it as an example though.

Last edited:
Deadpool's SOC uses an action exclusive to srb2morphed, so you can't use that directly. In a nutshell though, the task "flee from the player" has two logical components: picking a direction(splits into "find player" and "point away from player") and moving in it.

Going back to deadpool's SOC, the actually operational part of it is its use of A_FaceTarget after the crawla sees the player(player becomes target when seen with A_Look) fulfilling the "pick a direction" step, and A_Thrust used with a negative number, which moves the crawla backwards from that direction thus fulfilling our second step. The action that deadpool used which isn't in 2.0.7 is superfluous to all that; you can just use facetarget and thrust from the crawla's seestate loop directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back