I need help with ring sprite frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniko

Well I am doing a graphics wad and my custom ring only haves 12 frames, wich is less than the vanilla ring, here's an example of what happens:

srb20009.gif

PS: I would also like to modify it's spinning speed, if posible

Refer to the state details of "S_RING" in the Ring page on the wiki for the default state details, then refer to the "FF_ANIMATE" part of the state page on the wiki for information on how the animation is performed and how to tweak it.

You'll probably want to make sure the state has the frame "FF_ANIMATE|A", then give it a Var1 of the amount of frames your animation lasts, and then give it a Var2 of the amount of tics you want between each frame. If you want an (untested) example, here:
Code:
State S_RING
SpriteName = RING
SpriteFrame = FF_ANIMATE|A
Duration = -1
Var1 = 8
Var2 = 2
Next = S_RING
Var1 in this example is 8, loading the frames RINGA*-RINGH*, with "*" marking the rotations and such.
Var2 in this examples is 2, making the frame increment every other tic, so it takes 16 tics for the 8-frame animation to play, which would be slightly less than half a second.

Refer to the state details of "S_RING" in the Ring page on the wiki for the default state details, then refer to the "FF_ANIMATE" part of the state page on the wiki for information on how the animation is performed and how to tweak it.

You'll probably want to make sure the state has the frame "FF_ANIMATE|A", then give it a Var1 of the amount of frames your animation lasts, and then give it a Var2 of the amount of tics you want between each frame. If you want an (untested) example, here:
Code:
State S_RING
SpriteName = RING
Duration = -1
Var1 = 8
Var2 = 2
Next = S_RING
Var1 in this example is 8, loading the frames RINGA*-RINGH*, with "*" marking the rotations and such.
Var2 in this examples is 2, making the frame increment every other tic, so it takes 16 tics for the 8-frame animation to play, which would be slightly less than half a second.

Well I tried using your example, but with no results
Code:
State S_RING
SpriteName = RING
Duration = -1
Var1 = 12
Var2 = 2
Next = S_RING

I also tried to change the ring box sprite and this happened ._. :

srb20011.gif

Last edited:
Try making it 11 instead of 12.

Also that second issue is probably the custom sprite's offsets being wrong. Find out what the offsets of the normal monitor sprites are (they're found in srb2.srb) and make your own monitor sprites about the same?

Can I see a screenshot of all the ring lumps in your graphic wad?

As Monster Iestyn said, you probably don't have the offsets of your custom ring box set up properly.

958a5b8b119b934b6a411467cad24822.png

It's up to there

PS:Also, the boxes are fixed, thanks

EDIT:FIXED! For some reason i had to put the Var1 at 11

Last edited:
I think Var1 for FF_ANIMATE is actually some sort of "maximum amount of frames after starting frame" variable rather than a "number of frames variable", which probably wpuld explain why it needed to be 11 instead of 12? But I suppose Inuyasha himself can clarify this I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back