Rapid Fire enemy using Doom Builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

I know that using Doom Builder you can change the delay time of fire for the Pop-up turret, but is there a way to make it fire extremely quick using Doom Builder? And if not, is there a simple way of doing this?

If you're asking if you can make pop-up turrets fire multiple shots after each delay, no you can't do this from a map editor. You'll have to use SOC to either add more firing states, or to make it use A_TurretFire and A_TurretStop instead of A_JetGShoot.

These changes will apply to all turrets in the game, and since the ability to set the delay between shots is hardcoded to Mobj number 12, creating a copy of the turret with its own thing number to make the changes to will not give that copy the map-based shot delay, and you'll have to set one delay via the states to apply to all uses of the copied, custom turret. Naturally you could just make a new copy of the turret to give a different delay to each of them, but that's pretty tedious.

Naturally you could just make a new copy of the turret to give a different delay to each of them, but that's pretty tedious.
Would it be easier to apply A_RandomState/A_RandomStateRange, e.g. make one state with A_RandomState and multiple states that could be picked to perform a action.

Would it be easier to apply A_RandomState/A_RandomStateRange, e.g. make one state with A_RandomState and multiple states that could be picked to perform a action.
I don't see the connection between this and what Prime 2.0 was saying. If you choose the delay at random, the mapper has no control over how long it will be.

I see. Well, I am starting to learn how to make SOCs using the SOCEdit program, so hopefully I can learn how to do this so I could do it without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back