ExecCfg in the MAINCFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
I am having trouble with this MAINCFG CATEGORY option. I making a wad that will have a seprate music pack and I want it to load the music pack as well when you load the main wad. So I tried to script it in by using ExecCfg. First, I went to Notepad and I made a seprate txt file with the command:
Code:
addfile larztardadventuremusic.wad
(And the file name is MUSIC.TXT)
Then I load it to the main wad using via Slade3, after that I head over to the MAINCFG and I enter this in:
Code:
ExecCfg = MUSIC.TXT

I save it (very important), I load the wad in SRB2 and I get this:
Part of the log:
Added file ./Projects/LARZTARDADVENTURE/scmrtf_LARZTARDADVENTURE.wad (78 lumps)
Loading main config from ./Projects/LARZTARDADVENTURE/scmrtf_LARZTARDADVENTURE.wad
Level header 10: unknown word 'LEVELSLECT'
1 warning in the SOC lump
1 sounds replaced
MAP02
MAP13
MAP04
MAP11
MAP10
MAP01
So, what am I doing wrong guys?

Hmm, it looks like you did ExecCFG = MUSIC.TXT when it should be ExecCFG = MUSIC. Also, make sure the MUSIC.TXT is MUSIC.LMP, LMP is short for lump. Also make sure MUSIC.LMP is in the main wad for it to work. Been a long time since i did this, so i forgot. I'm sure someone got a better explaining.

Hmm, it looks like you did ExecCFG = MUSIC.TXT when it should be ExecCFG = MUSIC. Also, make sure the MUSIC.TXT is MUSIC.LMP, LMP is short for lump. Also make sure MUSIC.LMP is in the main wad for it to work. Been a long time since i did this, so i forgot. I'm sure someone got a better explaining.
Well, I see where you're going. But I tried it again by clicking on new entry, naming it music, typed the command in, and it still doesn't work. I don't know how you make it into LMP file. Mabye that's the case.

Last edited:
Um.......I don't exactly see where you're going with this.

If you're talking about changing the music for each level, then you're supposed to do it by editing the "tunes" bit of the MAINCFG for each level.

If you want to add custom music, you're supposed to rename the .mp3/.ogg file to O_MAPXXM where XX is the level number and then put it in the wad file via SLADE after the first step.

If it's neither, then I don't know what you're trying to do and I'm sorry I can't help.

I dont want to make the wad file size too big when most of it is music, so that's why Im making a seprate music pack for the wad. Instead of adding it manually, I want it to be added when the player loads up the wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back