Sonic sold less games this year

SossistheNotSossig

PlAy RaId ShAdOw LeDgEnDs.
Welp it's official. Sonic is dying, Sonic Team is being lazy and making bad sonic games recently. Sonic is 4th place on most sold. Dang, what are we gonna do bois?

Supposedly, Sonic Team had a lot of games planned for this year and big titles as well. I’m guessing stuff like remakes and such. Don’t know what happened to those “announcements”. So for now, enjoy your SRB2, which is arguably better than most Sonic games IMO.

Supposedly, Sonic Team had a lot of games planned for this year and big titles as well. I’m guessing stuff like remakes and such. Don’t know what happened to those “announcements”.
have you considered that we are in the middle of a global pandemic

have you considered that we are in the middle of a global pandemic

Well yes, it just sucks that they had so many announcements planned for this year, like SXSW Panel, NGPX, their claim on announcing something every 20th of every month. Sadly the pandemic grew in terms of danger at the time (and still is) and all the events had to be cancelled.

Maybe I’m just acting spoiled because other companies like Nintendo are also doing this to ensure safety on their workers health and such, and maybe I need to enjoy my SRB2 as well...

As mentioned on the main post, Sonic is rapidly losing interest with sales going down, Sega most likely planned to make 2020 “Sonic’s Comeback” of sorts, and the pandemic threw a wrench at those plans.

Although tbh considering the quality of the past sonic games, I don’t know what we could consider a “comeback”

1. We are currently in a global pandemic, Sega isn't the only one affected by it
  2. There were no big Sonic game out this year (Mania and Mania Plus came out like 3 years ago)
  3. 4th out of what? Sega's franchises? It's expected, mascot platformers aren't that popular nowadays...
I don't understand why you made this thread, Sega should focus on anything but Sonic while letting fans contribute instead...

I thinks Sonic Team's greatest strength is the ability to try new things out without losing their courage to make more Sonic games.

I thinks Sonic Team's greatest strength is the ability to try new things out without losing their courage to make more Sonic games.
And it's probably also their greatest weakness.

I think that a dev team should have more focus on their game rather than always experimenting, don't change what isn't broken.

I'd rather see them making something else than Sonic for a while too.

I'd rather see them making something else than Sonic for a while too.

You mean Sega as a whole, right? Sonic Team’s purpose is well... to make Sonic games as referenced in their name. Although I will agree that they should stick to stuff that worked, Mania for example barely changed anything from the classic formula yet it skyrocketed in sales. It’s always good to experiment... just not as much as Sonic Team currently does.

You mean Sega as a whole, right? Sonic Team’s purpose is well... to make Sonic games as referenced in their name. Although I will agree that they should stick to stuff that worked, Mania for example barely changed anything from the classic formula yet it skyrocketed in sales. It’s always good to experiment... just not as much as Sonic Team currently does.

The Sonic Team made non-Sonic games in the past (Nights into Dreams, Burning Rangers, Billy Hatcher...) so they're not just about Sonic.

Also I'm all for "it it ain't broken don't try fixing it" so they should not experiment too much.

The Sonic Team made non-Sonic games in the past (Nights into Dreams, Burning Rangers, Billy Hatcher...) so they're not just about Sonic.

Ah, i see, actually didn’t know they made other games as well. I always thought Nights into Dreams and Billy Hatcher were just generally under Sega’s domain, not just exclusively Sonic Team’s. I guess you learn something new every day huh?

Ah, i see, actually didn’t know they made other games as well. I always thought Nights into Dreams and Billy Hatcher were just generally under Sega’s domain, not just exclusively Sonic Team’s. I guess you learn something new every day huh?

Glad I made someone knows about one of Sega's major dev team today.

I have big expectations for Balan Wonderworld because of it (this is like a lost late 90's to early 00's ST game)

Welp it's official. Sonic is dying, Sonic Team is being lazy and making bad sonic games recently. Sonic is 4th place on most sold. Dang, what are we gonna do bois?

petition SEGA to release their IP to the public domain

(this is a joke (maybe))

Sonic is way to Popular for Sega to let the franchise die off, and because of that Sonic will never die. His Popularity goes beyond the games.

Yup, and even if Sega does let Sonic die, the fan-base would carry the franchise for many years. Eitherways, I highly doubt that they would drop one of their bigger IP’s.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back