why can't I join "cueballs dedicated server"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyrose

It's the only server that I can't get into, I have no idea why... I've seen him post in here sometimes...I just want to play against him, because I've heard he's good. But out of all netgames, that's the only one that I can never join! It's on the list so it's not like it's private or anything..I would love some advice cueball.

It's running the SVN version of SRB2, for technical reasons. You need to use that to join it. There's not much point, though, because there's no-one else in the server. Once 1.09.4a is released, it'll switch to that, and then anyone with that version will be able to join it.

"technical reasons"? Anyway, what does the permament next to his server when using listserv mean, and is he using the very latest beta?

Dark Warrior said:
Kaysakado said:
"technical reasons"?

WADZip.
In the end, he upgraded his account so he could have the srb2.srb without compressing it. The reasons I was referring to were MSVC/GCC netgame problems.

Dark Warrior said:
Kaysakado said:
and is he using the very latest beta?

No.
It's using the version that Alam builds. I won't link to it to save his bandwidth. It's the version from the SRB2 directory, not SRB2/srb2beta. I don't actually know the difference between those two...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back