SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 10-07-2013   #41
NoSubsPlz
Hype Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTenguMan View Post
I suppose, but I mean, there are more potential (Nintendo) characters too:

Little Mac from Punch Out, Ray MK II from Custom Robo, maybe Pokey or Poo from Earthbound? Krystal from Star Fox? Heck, a character from Super Mario RPG wouldn't be bad either.

Likewise, I think characters from the old Final Fantasy series could use some love here (talking about the games that were exclusive to the nintendo systems at the time). I wouldn't mind seeing "Black Mage" up in there XD

Maybe even a character from Golden Sun too.
Do you guys think there should be other Pokemon characters? It would be cool to have a Pokemon from X & Y appear, or have Lucario or Mewtwo return and have their final smashes be mega evolving.

And as I said before, Paper Mario, or maybe some other RPG character would make a nice addition to the roster. Maybe a Mario & Luigi RPG character would be a great addition!

Last edited by NoSubsPlz; 10-07-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Fix
NoSubsPlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #42
Katch
The old Donut guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubsPlz View Post
Do you guys think there should be other Pokemon characters? It would be cool to have a Pokemon from X & Y appear, or have Lucario or Mewtwo return and have their final smashes be mega evolving.

And as I said before, Paper Mario, or maybe some other RPG character would make a nice addition to the roster. Maybe a Mario & Luigi RPG character would be a great addition!
Yes, I think they should have other Pokemon characters, but probably they will only add 1 from X & Y (Most Likely keep some of the oldies).

I honestly do not like the idea of Paper Mario being in SSB4. He... doesn't seem like a good match up with the series in my opinion. I think Mario and Luigi is enough. We already saw Dr. Mario and he didn't last to long.
Katch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #43
ThunderNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katch View Post
We already saw Dr. Mario and he didn't last to long.
Because he was a literal clone of Mario, just like Pichu (though with very minor differences).

Though the fact that he wasn't made an alternate outfit for Mario in brawl makes me sad.
ThunderNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #44
NoSubsPlz
Hype Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katch View Post
Yes, I think they should have other Pokemon characters, but probably they will only add 1 from X & Y (Most Likely keep some of the oldies).

I honestly do not like the idea of Paper Mario being in SSB4. He... doesn't seem like a good match up with the series in my opinion. I think Mario and Luigi is enough. We already saw Dr. Mario and he didn't last to long.
That's ok if you don't like the idea. That was just sonething I was thinking of, like ''Maybe he could be the next Mr. Game and Watch!'' (?) or something.

Although G&W kicks some major booty.

And on the Pokemon thing, yea that would make some sense. But what X & Y Pokemon would fit in this game?
Old 10-08-2013   #45
Chrome
KartKrew™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senku Niola View Post
Maybe a Tales of Symphonia character? :D I mean they were on both the GCN and Wii.
Only two of the thirteen (now fourteen) mothership titles have been on a Nintendo console, and only one of those was released in America.

I suppose you could count the Abyss port to the 3DS, but even then it's highly unlikely. Besides, your choices would be between Asbel, Lloyd, and Luke, and everyone would want Yuri instead of those three.
Old 10-09-2013   #46
Katch
The old Donut guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNova View Post
Because he was a literal clone of Mario, just like Pichu (though with very minor differences).

Though the fact that he wasn't made an alternate outfit for Mario in brawl makes me sad.
Dr. Mario Being a clone character of Mario really isn't the only reason about his removal. Ganondorf was basically a clone character of Captain Falcon and yet he made a return into SSBB. But then there is the thing that Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are in a totally different game franchise.
Old 10-09-2013   #47
Sergeant Brown
An Eggman Fan

I still want Isaac or a Golden Sun representative for Smash Bros. :<
Sergeant Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #48
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
Only two of the thirteen (now fourteen) mothership titles have been on a Nintendo console, and only one of those was released in America.

I suppose you could count the Abyss port to the 3DS, but even then it's highly unlikely. Besides, your choices would be between Asbel, Lloyd, and Luke, and everyone would want Yuri instead of those three.
I'd still pick Lloyd. :x
Senku Niola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #49
Shadow Hog

I'd pick Klonoa.

Odds are Sakurai would pick Pac-Man.
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #50
NoSubsPlz
Hype Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog View Post
I'd pick Klonoa.

Odds are Sakurai would pick Pac-Man.
Klonoa needs to get back in the game. This would be a good place to start.

Pac-Man? Possibly. He got a new cartoon, and a new game baised off of it.
Old 10-12-2013   #51
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubsPlz View Post
Pac-Man? Possibly. He got a new cartoon, and a new game baised off of it.
What cartoon is this you speak of? Is it not in Europe?
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #52
ThunderNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic fan2000 View Post
What cartoon is this you speak of? Is it not in Europe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man...tly_Adventures
ThunderNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #53
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

I think getting a scaled-down tank from Advanced Wars as a playable entity could be pretty fun and imaginative.
Old 10-16-2013   #54
Djt3chn0len

I's quite as excited about this game. But what really gets me wondering would be what other characters that Nintendo will not release will be in the game? As well that the fact they were "Disappointed" about us posting the cut scenes from SSBB on youtube they decided to not make another story mode and have less cur scenes... But wouldn't that mean adventure mode (from SSBM) is making its return?
Djt3chn0len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #55
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog View Post
I'd pick Klonoa.
I would be the happiest person in the world if that happened. I don't see the chances of it happening to be very high though considering how poorly the Wii remake of the first game sold. :'<

I don't have much idea of what characters I'd like to see personally. I think the roster is pretty solid so far, give or take similarities of other characters (I'm looking at you, Toon Link).
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #56
Jacy
Now with less viruses

Has anyone heard about how Sakurai is considering adding Reggie Fils-Aime as a playable character? There actually is a petition going on to convince him to add Reggie and his "MY BODY IS READY SLAM" Final Smash.

The petition and more information on this is here:
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...ieforsmashbros

The petition already has over 43,000 of the 100,000 supporters it needs, and I really hope this gets passed and Reggie is made a character. Because he would be a hilarious character to play as.
Old 12-05-2013   #57
Eliwood

I'm pretty sure that this is a joke, but it's funny, nontheless.
Eliwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #58
Katch
The old Donut guy

Even though it would be funny, I hope it's just only a joke. It'll take up a character spot that could of been Llyod Irving or the return of Roy (Which will probably never happen).
Old 12-18-2013   #59
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

This may make certain people happy. I for one was quite surprised about the addition of this character to the Smash 4 roster:

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/characters/rosetta.html
Old 12-28-2013   #60
Jellybones
Lawful Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacy View Post
The petition already has over 43,000 of the 100,000 supporters it needs, and I really hope this gets passed and Reggie is made a character. Because he would be a hilarious character to play as.
That's awful. Why would anyone want that? It's not funny, and nobody truly cares about Reggie.
I hope Rosalina is the last Mario character we get. I like how her moves look, but there's enough, really...
Jellybones is offline   Reply With Quote