SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2020   #6341
Zetar
Default Midi setting needs more songs

I just discovered the midi option weeks ago and it made the game 2 times better for me, and you could even use other soundfonts by downloading them and putting them into your srb2 file. Problem is, some of the stages have no midi songs like the fight with fang or frozen hillside. There are a few other stages without music when using the midi option and I would like that to be fixed.You could just make new midis for them and I would be satisfied. Maybe you could even update the midis that are in now to sound a little better. Please update this because I would really like it. :woeisme:.
Zetar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6342
elcapoto
Oh hello!
 
elcapoto's Avatar
Default Some things

1.
FIX THAT FUCKING OPEN GL COLOR THING
2.
Add hard tutorial
3.
Make sonic a bit faster
4.
Add some languages (ESPAŅOL, ENGLISH, PORTUGUESSE,)
5.
Improve pipe towers
6.
Add chat macro's
7.
Allow singleplayer commands in multiplayer
8.
Add nuke command (oh)
9.
Improve greenflower zone
10.
Add a multiplayer command
TAGS
If you say a bad word when its on, the message gets tagged.
If you say a bad word when its off, the message doenst get tagged.
THAT ROBLOX STYLE!

(elcapoto received a warning for this post: Act like a mature adult. Use some common sense when posting.)
elcapoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6343
Tatsuru
gametype man
Moderator
 
Tatsuru's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
Just two minor suggestions:
  • Flags that hover around the player after they finish the level shouldn't show up in Singleplayer.
This is unintended behavior and is already fixed in master builds of the game, which you can download and use with full netgame compatibility.
__________________
don't care didn't ask plus you put player code in mobjthinker hooks
Tatsuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6344
CobaltBW
Community Noise Maker
Developer
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
Personally I would prefer it to lock on via button press, and then not unlock until you press again. It's inconvenient needing to hold it, but it would also be inconvenient being unable to look where you want whenever you feel like it.
There's already an option for this in the camera submenu.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6345
The Real Inferno
Blazing Fan
 
The Real Inferno's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapoto View Post
1.
FIX THAT FUCKING OPEN GL COLOR THING
2.
Add hard tutorial
3.
Make sonic a bit faster
4.
Add some languages (ESPAŅOL, ENGLISH, PORTUGUESSE,)
5.
Improve pipe towers
6.
Add chat macro's
7.
Allow singleplayer commands in multiplayer
8.
Add nuke command (oh)
9.
Improve greenflower zone
10.
Add a multiplayer command
TAGS
If you say a bad word when its on, the message gets tagged.
If you say a bad word when its off, the message doenst get tagged.
THAT ROBLOX STYLE!
Mind if I ask what you mean by improving Greenflower? They already improved it relative to 2.1 by quite a bit, so if you could be more specific, that'd help almost everyone to potentially implement what you want.
The Real Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6346
tealsummernights
 
tealsummernights's Avatar
Default

To add onto the ficklecam suggestions: an option to make the vertical look move back to neutral on its own. I currently use the center camera button very often for this purpose since the camera is very sensitive to moving up and down even when I only intend to move it left and right, so it very quickly goes off center.
tealsummernights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6347
Mr. Stone
Default

Maybe let the players choose if they want to play NIGHTS Special stages or regular? I know a few people who are not into NIGHTS.
Mr. Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6348
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealsummernights View Post
To add onto the ficklecam suggestions: an option to make the vertical look move back to neutral on its own. I currently use the center camera button very often for this purpose since the camera is very sensitive to moving up and down even when I only intend to move it left and right, so it very quickly goes off center.
I've been feeling like something was missing but I wasn't sure what. Now I realize it was exactly this. I strongly agree with this suggestion.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6349
cookiefonster
Wiki Admin
 
cookiefonster's Avatar
Default

Suggestion: in the NiGHTS special stages, show how many spheres are left before the egg capsule can be destroyed, not just how many spheres have been collected so far. Either that, or continuously show on the screen the amount of spheres needed, so for instance, if you have one sphere left on a stage that needs 80 spheres it'll say "79/80" on the top left corner. It can be annoying forgetting how many spheres you need or just not paying attention to the number because you assumed you had enough already.
cookiefonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6350
GreenKnight9000
 
GreenKnight9000's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiefonster View Post
Suggestion: in the NiGHTS special stages, show how many spheres are left before the egg capsule can be destroyed, not just how many spheres have been collected so far. Either that, or continuously show on the screen the amount of spheres needed, so for instance, if you have one sphere left on a stage that needs 80 spheres it'll say "79/80" on the top left corner. It can be annoying forgetting how many spheres you need or just not paying attention to the number because you assumed you had enough already.
You...You do know that it already (more-or-less) does that, right?
__________________
Certified Emerald Hunter for online matches
-Known as ThomasTheHedgehog888 in matches-
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020   #6351
cookiefonster
Wiki Admin
 
cookiefonster's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKnight9000 View Post
You...You do know that it already (more-or-less) does that, right?
You mean the color behind the number of spheres currently collected? I know of that, but I still think it would be good to have a clear indicator at all times of the exact number of spheres left.
cookiefonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020   #6352
GreenKnight9000
 
GreenKnight9000's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiefonster View Post
You mean the color behind the number of spheres currently collected? I know of that, but I still think it would be good to have a clear indicator at all times of the exact number of spheres left.
I mean, I can see your point

You'd be too focused on the game though, and if the HUD was too large, it might be distracting
__________________
Certified Emerald Hunter for online matches
-Known as ThomasTheHedgehog888 in matches-
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020   #6353
Unknownlight
 
Unknownlight's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKnight9000 View Post
I mean, I can see your point

You'd be too focused on the game though, and if the HUD was too large, it might be distracting
Eh... You could just as easily use the same argument to say that there's no reason to show ring counts in normal levels.

Actually, that's an even better argument. After all, it doesn't really matter in Sonic games how many rings you have as long as it's more than 0.
Unknownlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020   #6354
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownlight View Post
Eh... You could just as easily use the same argument to say that there's no reason to show ring counts in normal levels.

Actually, that's an even better argument. After all, it doesn't really matter in Sonic games how many rings you have as long as it's more than 0.
It matters if you care about 1-ups. IIRC both the 100 and 200 ring count give you 1-ups in SRB2. Even veterans can find incentive to make sure their lives counter is more than the default 3 once they get far enough into the campaign.

Honestly I don't think a counter keeping track of exactly how many more orbs you need to break the capsule would necessarily need to be anything obstructive. If it had the same font size as the ring counter and didn't use fancy graphics, I don't think it would be a problem at all.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020   #6355
Zanda_Sama
Default

Teams to be able to use multiple versions of a color.
I mean at least have cornflower and sapphire available to blue team, they look pretty much the same.
I believe us getting certain different shades of red and blue that don't look too different would be nice.
That and cornflower is just a better version of blue.
Zanda_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020   #6356
Tatsuru
gametype man
Moderator
 
Tatsuru's Avatar
Default

Put light pillar FOFs or some other visual indicator for the NiGHTS stages' goals so that they can be seen from afar or high above. It's currently very easy to just miss the goal if you're not acquainted with the stage, specially for newbies.
__________________
don't care didn't ask plus you put player code in mobjthinker hooks
Tatsuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020   #6357
Zanda_Sama
Default More Hud Options / Merge Request

I suggest that there should be more HUD options in Vanilla.

Currently we're stuck with that ugly white box, with the characters facing left instead of right. We also have that old Sonic 2 HUD. I believe we should be able to customize our HUD with Sonic 3's or Sonic Mania's which there are already addons for, or even the kart's hud which looks really nice. The Adventure Hud is also very good.

I think my Transparent Life Icons wad should in some way get inside the game, or you could make your own if mine has some issues. (Link https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=46538) As an option in video-settings most likely would fit. Perhaps the Mania option would have a Mania hud, and the Classic would have a classic hud. I really do think my Transparent Life Icons look much better than the ugly white box we currently have. The problem is my addon triggers the game modifier tag, which can be a turnoff for many. It is also completely graphical, so it wouldn't change the game really. It's an option for players.

While i'm at it, I believe we should have the option to change the HUDNAME in multiplayer to our actual name unless it's too long. And be able to change Tails to Miles, and KTE to Knux, or even Fang to Nack, without having to use an addon. Also Amy R. should just be Amy... the R has no reason to be there. Nobody calls her Amy Rose.
I think initials are unappealing, Sonic The Hedgehog isn't S.T.H, and that would look HORRIBLE. I know you had K.T.H because the classic games may have had it like that, and because KNUCKLES wouldn't fit (which you might even be able to make fit IF you wanted to).
Zanda_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020   #6358
Jaco Boy
 
Jaco Boy's Avatar
Default

I think the green goop in the brak robotnik fight should go back to being lava. I dont see how it can do the same amount of damage as lava. (hope i didnt post this already)
__________________
Universal super form supporter
Jaco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020   #6359
Mystic
チェン!
 
Mystic's Avatar
Default

Lava is now solid enough that doing that would crush you if you stood underneath it and Brak would be unable to walk through it. It's slime now for gameplay reasons.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020   #6360
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Lava is now solid enough that doing that would crush you if you stood underneath it and Brak would be unable to walk through it. It's slime now for gameplay reasons.
I do wish the instances of colored slime were more consistent in behavior though. The green slime in Techno Legacy and in the Brak Eggman fight does damage, the purple slime makes you bounce, and the blue slime Eggman tosses at you in the THZ boss... Also hurts you. Following the logic of slime behavior being color coded, the player learns the following information as they play:
Purple slime = bouncy
Blue slime = hurts
Green slime = hurts

It's therefore confusing when you see blue slime for the first time, find out it hurts you, see green slime for the first time, remember that purple and blue are both different, and then inevitably get hurt trying to figure out what it does. As such, it makes sense that either the slime Eggman tosses at you should be green, or the slime that hurts you in TLZ and the Brak Eggman fight should be blue, to make all the slime that hurts you the same color.

I would also suggest making it so that first time players seeing the different colored slime for the first time are given demonstrations of what they do so that they don't have to assume. For example, maybe a badnik falls off a cliffside early on in THZ1 and bounces off the purple slime, demonstrating to the player what it does and that it's safe to touch. Then later when they get to THZ2, they see another badnik fall into green slime and get destroyed on contact, teaching the player that this stuff in dangerous.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some suggestions..... Konata123 SRB2 Discussion 3 03-30-2011 03:01 AM
I want some suggestions/reviews, please. Shadow Hog Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 22 10-31-2006 01:45 AM
Question about a few 1.1 suggestions SSNTails Help 11 01-07-2006 04:27 AM
My suggestions RenegadeC Help 41 10-18-2005 09:51 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.