SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > SRB2 Forum Archives > Bug Reports (2.1.X)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2014   #1
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned
Default Colored Shadows

So as the title says,if you enable Shadows
(Shadow "on") all the Transparent Objects drops Colored shadows like blue Spheres after Picking them up, is this Supposed to Happen ?

Last edited by Monster Iestyn; 08-09-2014 at 12:45 PM.
DoomGamesLover is offline  
Old 05-03-2014   #2
Pure-Fat Inc.
 
Pure-Fat Inc.'s Avatar
Default

Just as you said, all transparent objects has colored shadows, blue spheres turn transparent when you pick them so I guess it's not a bug. I find it more weird when you're super Sonic or having the super sneakers and you're leaving trails of your character's sprites on the floor.
Pure-Fat Inc. is online now  
Old 05-03-2014   #3
Terra
Needy child
 
Terra's Avatar
Default

This shadow command isn't that good anyway. The shadow command from SRB2CB was much better, because it actually made real shadows for the sprites AND MD2 models, not fake ones that only face the front no matter what angle you look at it from. They should implement something like that in 2.1.9.
Terra is offline  
Old 05-03-2014   #4
Lat'
Stop it
 
Lat''s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
This shadow command isn't that good anyway. The shadow command from SRB2CB was much better, because it actually made real shadows for the sprites AND MD2 models, not fake ones that only face the front no matter what angle you look at it from. They should implement something like that in 2.1.9.
You forgot to mention the floating off-ledges shadows :P
Also, shadows in SRB2 = ugly dark sprites that causes amount of lags.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADVAL2 View Post
glad there is no Zero Two in this pack,i really get mad everytime i see Zero Two
Lat' is offline  
Old 05-03-2014   #5
Terra
Needy child
 
Terra's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC. lat' View Post
You forgot to mention the floating off-ledges shadows :P
Also, shadows in SRB2 = ugly dark sprites that causes amount of lags.
I didn't even get any lag on my shitty old laptop, so I don't see why you get lag from it.
Terra is offline  
Old 05-03-2014   #6
Lat'
Stop it
 
Lat''s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I didn't even get any lag on my shitty old laptop, so I don't see why you get lag from it.
I mean on my old 500 MB ram + best processor ever computer sure, my laptop can handle these...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADVAL2 View Post
glad there is no Zero Two in this pack,i really get mad everytime i see Zero Two
Lat' is offline  
Old 05-05-2014   #7
TelosTurntable
Or, "TelosTurntable"
 
TelosTurntable's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC. lat' View Post
I mean on my old 500 MB ram + best processor ever computer sure, my laptop can handle these...
The worlds smallest computer tops your ram by 12MB.
Oh god.
Anyway, I never really cared for shadows. In most cases, their so minor that I forgot to care. Like when your playing with knuckles and--- Oh god, look at that beautiful spriting. Oh god--- HOLY CRAP ITS A PIT
No, but seriously, in most cases for me, sprites are so unnoticeable that you just cant really see them at all.
__________________
Inazuma has Passed
TelosTurntable is offline  
Old 08-09-2014   #8
Monster Iestyn
Fangtastic
Administrator
 
Monster Iestyn's Avatar
Default

Fixed. Turns out the code for colormapping the main sprites (for transparent sprites or objects with MF2_SHADOW) was copy+pasted over to sprite shadows ...which inadvertantly also gives them back their coloring.
__________________
My page stuffed full of MIDI goodness!
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Robo-Hoodiverse
Timeline of Sonic Robo Blast History!

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".

Last edited by Monster Iestyn; 08-09-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Monster Iestyn is offline  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.