SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2013   #21
I'll Begin
💪🐑

According to my profile I joined on December 17th, 2006, about 6 years and 3 months ago.

I'm 21 now so I must have been 15 back then. Ergh, I've changed so much since then. I don't even call myself I'll Begin anymore, or anywhere else for that matter.

I had a bit of a period of inactivity after 2.0 came out but then I came back.

Last edited by I'll Begin; 03-11-2013 at 02:23 PM.
I'll Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013   #22
ninja

Hey everyone , just randomly came here for the nostalgic and I see this. Nice to see you all again , ah the good days of the april fools day board change. Join Date: 02-01-2007
O_o Let me see if I can remember some old people I used to play with before the first supersonic wad came out.
Knuxia,drew,hyperson,delta,mig, and sb

Last edited by ninja; 03-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.
ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013   #23
Monster Iestyn
Fangtastic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eblo View Post
1.1 was released
Lies, 1.1 has never been - and will never be - released. ;)

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #24
Shadow Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'll Begin View Post
I had a bit of a period of inactivity after 2.1 came out but then I came back.
Why are you using the past tense for future events? Are you posting this from the future? :O
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #25
I'll Begin
💪🐑

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog View Post
Why are you using the past tense for future events? Are you posting this from the future? :O
Damn it, all this mentioning of 1.1 and 2.whatever have made me get mixed up. *edits post*
I'll Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #26
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
Developer

I actually joined around the same time A.J. and I had talked about me doing guitar tracks for the soundtrack. I mostly lurk around the forums and see what mods people make. Other than that, this is my first post in forever.
Old 03-12-2013   #27
Torgo

I joined around 2006, so I think it counts. I might have been a forum administrator around 2008 or 2009. I can't remember when I retired from being an admin. I sort of lurk and pop up every once and a while and help out guys that might need it. I also pop in in srb2fun once in a blue moon too.
Old 03-15-2013   #28
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"

I found out about SRB2 when I was around 12 or 14 or so, forgot about it, found out about it again late December 2005, and joined the forums around the beginning of the new year: January 2006.

I remember working on some things that people didn't particularly seem to care for. Yeah, that's about it. Then I went "inactive" for a time being.

Once in a blue moon you'll see me post in a thread. I commonly like to browse the forums and be somewhat active in IRC. With what my college life and all presently, it's hard to find personal time to myself when I can pop in and say hello every now and then.

Oh yeah, I try to help people on occasion too.
  `ヽ_っ_/ ̄ ̄ ̄/
       \/___/
Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #29
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame View Post
I found out about SRB2 when I was around 12 or 14 or so, forgot about it, found out about it again late December 2005, and joined the forums around the beginning of the new year: January 2006.

I remember working on some things that people didn't particularly seem to care for. Yeah, that's about it. Then I went "inactive" for a time being.

Once in a blue moon you'll see me post in a thread. I commonly like to browse the forums and be somewhat active in IRC. With what my college life and all presently, it's hard to find personal time to myself when I can pop in and say hello every now and then.

Oh yeah, I try to help people on occasion too.
Oh hey, it's a complete summary of my current standing too.
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #30
Monster Iestyn
Fangtastic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Oh hey, it's a complete summary of my current standing too.
Except you're rarely in 'fun these days. =V

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #31
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Except you're rarely in 'fun these days. =V
This community doesn't really have much to offer me any more, not much reason to stay around.
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #32
Arf

Oh hey it's flame, hi flame, how's life?
Arf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #33
Alice
Aka Hinote
Developer

Ah, what an interesting topic. I've known SRB2 since I was 9, which is approximately 9 years ago. I didn't join the community or the MB until late 2008. People told me to join the message boards after lurking around IRC, and I suppose that's how I got here. The fact I wanted to share my art and some spriting skills was the reason I joined in the first place. All I can say is, I was indeed a little silly or immature during 2008-2009. I don't even think I'm the same as I was 4 years ago, but I rest assure a lot of us change over a period of time. Especially during our teen years.

Now I just lurk the message boards and read what may entertain me. Other than that, I'm still around. Can't leave since I oddly still enjoy playing SRB2.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013   #34
Manic
wat

I first started playing SRB2 during 2004-5 or so, and stopped around 2011, haven't really played it since. I tried joining the forums a long while ago, although as an honest child at the time, it was when you had to fax or email that printout to actually register as a minor. Otherwise, I actually have an old account that's a bit abandoned by now.

Either way I'm mostly playing TF2 now, and have mostly moved on to the MUGEN scene. I'm pretty much also lurking the forums now, not much to post anymore. Still, I'm around anyways, mostly on Infinity Mugen Team, though. Nice to see familiar faces around still as well.
Old 05-02-2013   #35
Root
-

I knew about SRB2 since December 2008 or so, but didn't start playing it until march or april 2009. I remember playing netgames EVERY day then. I joined the MB in November 2009 according to my profile, but i am sure i lurked before that. Now, i mostly just play video games, use another forum, and use facebook, though i do post every now and then.

Last edited by Root; 05-02-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #36
Jacy
Now with less viruses

I remember first seeing things about SRB2 back in 2005 - 2006. Then in 2007 I got a computer that could play the game, which I did for about a year, before joining the MB in 2008, so I was about 14 back then.

I was pretty active for a while, and I made a few topics that I wish I could go back in time and slap myself for making them, but I remember that I stopped being active on SRB2 and the MB, and everything else for that matter, because my compute got a crippling virus that took out the keyboard.

I've been lurking on the forums whenever I can, but I've never really had a reason to post much. I've also been trying to get back into the game, but all I have right now is a crappy laptop that inverts the colors in SRB2 on occasion...
Old 05-08-2013   #37
akb778
aka Sutekh94

I've known about SRB2 since around early 2005. Didn't join the MB until early 2011 though. Still, I lurked the forums for a really long time before I joined.

I'm not as active as I once was, and I mainly play TF2 among other things nowadays. I still browse the forums just to see if there's anything new.

Last edited by akb778; 05-08-2013 at 11:42 PM.
akb778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #38
Mikel
Let's Get Nep-Nepping!

I've known SRB2 since April 12, 2003, and that was ten years ago, but I didn't join the MB until 2004.

And truth is... I was mostly active during 2005 to 2009 anyways, but I still browse the forums to check up on what's new.
Old 05-20-2013   #39
PHCC
Too fast for you to see me.

I knew SRB2 in 2008 and entered the MB at the end of 2009.
Old 08-30-2013   #40
Goddratini

I joined around 2009, played off and on since 2006 or 2007.