Suggestions

We mean your post makes no god damn sense, and we don't understand what the point you're trying to make is.

HAHAHAHAHAHA no. Have you never thought about what the words "modified game" mean?

I don't think he has. I bet he hasn't even discovered what SOC really means.
(No, but, incase you need to know, Modified = Changed from original ;) )

Player sprites should have animations for throwing rings in the air or on the ground.

throwring.png

You're welcome.

But more were never done. Why? Because you'd need ones for more than just throwing while standing.

Last edited:
throwring.png

You're welcome.

But more were never done. Why? Because you'd need ones for more than just throwing while standing.

Any chance it'd be okay to just copy the tops and pasting them over the sprites? Of course I'm probably over-simplifying it, but it seems at least possible, maybe editing the face a tiny bit to fit the situation (or just removing the mouth entirely).

That's not true, it's pretty easy to create a pose that works for both ground and air and would look nice while moving.

That's not true, it's pretty easy to create a pose that works for both ground and air and would look nice while moving.
I really don't think that's the case. How would you handle throwing rings while jumping? Would you force players to uncurl in order to fire? How would you handle throwing at high angles? These sprites predate the weapons, but how would you handle automatic?

There's just a huge can of worms here that I'm not sure CAN be solved, never mind solved easily.

You don't need a throwing animation to use when jumping, since spinning looks busy enough on it's own. Automatic can just use it's own unique frame, it only needs 1 or 2.

Or we can just assume that Sonic quickly ejects rings using the same magic he uses to store them in whatever cavity he uses.

I always liked to imagine that all the Sonic characters have some sort of ringslinger gun that the rings are magically stored in, and they install the weapon panels into a certain slot that converts all the rings fired into that specific type.

We mean your post makes no god damn sense, and we don't understand what the point you're trying to make is.

HAHAHAHAHAHA no. Have you never thought about what the words "modified game" mean?

Modified game ? 'Yikes" ...

Will,it's just ... i'm trying to Replace Textures,Sounds with others just like i did with MD2's :'(

In My Imagination :
GFZWALL TEXT.PNG 3.0 0.0

SF_SUPER should be fixed so that it allows characters to go super. The superfloat of it should be removed and added to a superaction2 flag, where you can set the super action(Float, Super Whirlwind Shield, Multiability.....). Super Ability would be useful if I wanted to give a super version of sonic(which uses the thok) homing as a "upgrade", but that would probably need a superactionspd too.

Super Tails Color should be fixed, I alraedy edited the super palette so that it works better:
ZSmMcY3.png

Currently Super Tails uses some of the gold/yellow color which doesn't work well with the bright orange. Super Sonic's Yellow doesn't look like it has a lot of shades which destroys the shading. Knuckles' Supercolors are fine.(I'm not that happy with Iceman's Super Transform Sprites, going to post a edited version of the others soon).
Custom Characters should have a option for supercolor(I'm already working on more super palettes) and if they should flash(maybe singleplayer only).

Color Changing to md2's would be nice, with "skinname"_"color".png and superframes.

A flag for setting startcolor on other sprites other than SPR_PLAY should be added. If you create a new sheet for sprites, it won't be on that one, which means that it defaults to green. What if I want to have green on my character ? Doesn't work that well.(I'm creating a new sheet because srb2 doesn't have that many frames left).

Flyspeed, this sets the speed limit for flying, so if you spinfly and press jump you get slowed down to this speed.

More Colors would be nice too, maybe a black that uses more colors and yellow which uses more shades.

Superstartcolor/2 and Startcolor 2.
Superstartcolor
What if I change something other than the skincolor ? That's why Supercolor should be added. Amy or Cream are good examples for that.
Startcolor 2 is like a second changing color. The player can't set it, it's set in the config instead(For example that startcolor 2 is yellow if I turn the "normal" startcolor to red), very useful for special characters, megaman or mario. Superstartcolor would work like that, exept for super forms. A good use for this would be a modern "greeneyes" wad where the eyes would turn red.

Highresscaleobjects=
This sets if all other sprites in your character wad, INCLUDING the THOK/SPIN/SPINDASH effects, like it does now.
If you don't want to read the full thing:

Startcolorsheet
If you create a custom sprite sheet because of the space issues, the startcolor will be set to green there, which can be a problem if you want one of your character's parts to be green. Here, you can add the sprite sheets so that they use the startcolor too.

More Super Palettes
Fixes to Super Sonic and Tails Palette
Startcolor2
Supercolor
Superflash
SF_Super Fix
Superability
Superability2
Superstartcolor
Superstartcolor2
Superactionspd
More colors
Different MD2 Textures for custom colors AND superforms.
Flyspeed
Highresscaleobjects
Startcolorsheet

Last edited:
SF_SUPER should be fixed so that it allows characters to go super. The superfloat of it should be removed and added to a superaction2 flag, where you can set the super action(Float, Super Whirlwind Shield, Multiability.....). Super Ability would be useful if I wanted to give a super version of sonic(which uses the thok) homing as a "upgrade", but that would probably need a superactionspd too.

Super Tails Color should be fixed, I alraedy edited the super palette so that it works better:

Adding onto the Super suggestions, I have one as well:
How about the ability to choose which of the three super palettes you want to use in the S_SKIN?
Example: supercolor = 0 would use Sonic's palette. supercolor = 1 would use Tails'. supercolor = 2 would use Knuckles'.

Another suggestion I also just put in Blue Warrior's thread about NiGHTS...
I know this will never be implemented, but a way to do it would be to offer different NiGHTS gameplay for each character. Sonic can have a good default speed and amazing drill speed (rivaling that of the bumper, even), while having terrible handling. Tails can have amazing acceleration and can cut really tight corners at the cost of not moving anywhere near as fast. Knuckles would be the inbetween.

I want support for custom transtables so I won't have to be super particular about colors overlapping when working with new palettes and colormaps. Way things are now, cool things happen like blue turning hot pink against purple.

Adding onto the Super suggestions, I have one as well:
How about the ability to choose which of the three super palettes you want to use in the S_SKIN?
Example: supercolor = 0 would use Sonic's palette. supercolor = 1 would use Tails'. supercolor = 2 would use Knuckles'.

Another suggestion I also just put in Blue Warrior's thread about NiGHTS...
I know this will never be implemented, but a way to do it would be to offer different NiGHTS gameplay for each character. Sonic can have a good default speed and amazing drill speed (rivaling that of the bumper, even), while having terrible handling. Tails can have amazing acceleration and can cut really tight corners at the cost of not moving anywhere near as fast. Knuckles would be the inbetween.
Custom Characters should have a option for supercolor(I'm already working on more super palettes) and if they should flash(maybe singleplayer only).
This is alredy in my suggestion. Different Special Stage gameplay would be nice but what about custom characters ?

Last edited:
I would think that custom color remaps per color for character would be nice. It would also allow for removing the hard coded super colors that Knuckles and Tails have, placing them in the file with the color remap instead. And perhaps these color remaps could have an effect on other parts of the skin, for instance, a red character getting remapped with blue shoes.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back