Not allowing to launch after OpenGL

KitsuneFreak

Lies are Entertainment
Okay so I had been scrolling around trying to figure out how to get into openGL, and once I saw it was just under Video settings I changed it from software to openGL, but the only issue now is the game won't launch, I was even playing around on GFZ just fine with the models and everything turned on

Now I just keep getting [SIGSEGV- Segment Violation] anytime I launch, even the old SRB2Launcher while selected to be software is being overridden.

I'm not exactly sure what to do, I haven't tried just reinstalling the installer but I'd prefer a different method if possible.

Alright so I had ran it through the launcher, windowed mode and that allowed me to switch back to software but it's still crashing anytime I decide to close the game with the OpenGL settings still active.

Last edited:
Try deleting config.cfg from your SRB2 directory, which contains basically every setting except for your save data/unlockables. This will reset your video configuration to default.

That works but it's still bizarre that anytime I switch back to OpenGL then close out, it refuses to stay. I'll just have to switch it back to software before closing the game out unless I just get used to deleting the config every time.

That works but it's still bizarre that anytime I switch back to OpenGL then close out, it refuses to stay. I'll just have to switch it back to software before closing the game out unless I just get used to deleting the config every time.

It could be that your video card is not enough to run OGL? Could you send your pc specs?

Last edited:
It could be that your video card is not enough to run OGL? Could you send your pc specs?

It's a potato but

Processor: Intel(R)Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @2.80GHz
Ram 8.00 GB (7.88 GB Usable)
64-Bit Operating system, x64-based processor

I'm not quite sure if that's the issue however, I'm able to run it decently on OpenGL, even had the 3D Models and everything turned on but it's just anytime I decided to exit out of the game and then relaunch it refused to continue.

It might be the issue, because the game is trying to access a region of memory which isn't accessible.
I'd advice you to buy a external video card instead (cheapest solution), because another solution is upgrading the pc right away, but that's not helping. So if you get a non-integrated videocard, the issue might go away.

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

I'm not quite sure if that's the issue however, I'm able to run it decently on OpenGL, even had the 3D Models and everything turned on but it's just anytime I decided to exit out of the game and then relaunch it refused to continue.

Using models beforehand and the issue coming up "for no reason", after the chip-set or something else in your mother card breaks.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back