• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

3 questions about level making (and 1 for character making)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll Begin

🐑✨
A couple of quick ones and a stupid one.

1. What's a Control Sector
2. What's redwall?
3. Would it be possible to make an Egg Capsule appear on an ordinary level and end the level when popped? (like SA)

Re: Three questions about level making

1. The front sector of a control linedef.
2. If you tell the game to use a nonexistant texture, it uses a red texture called redwall. It's also a texture that can be used for buttons.
3. No.

1. Then what's a control linedef?
2. Ah, right. I thought it was something more complicated.
3. Oh well.

Thanks.

A control sector is used in making FOFs, water, and egg capsules. Quite a few possibilities of levels can be made without all three.

Egg capsules are those things that have the yollow button on top of it that appear after you beat bosses.(If you put one in.) Takes you to the next Act.

While I'm here, I need some help with a character too.

It's just a simple S_SKIN edit to make Tails thok (I'm bored), but when I try to add it into the game it says:

Code:
Added file thok_tails.wad (173 lumps)
Loading object config from thok_tails.wad
I_Error(): R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump EMERA0
So I tried copying EMERA0 from srb2.srb to thok_tails.wad (to see if it would fix it), and that message came up again.

http://www.supersanctuary.com/srpgp/ffh/229054
Here's a link if anyone needs it.

Egg Capsules? All you'd need is to have them above the ground and they work. Trust me, I've tried it. Here's something to think about- Fake Egg Capsules will be abundant in my Scrap Brain Zone for S1GG.WAD. You just need to not put the Egg Capsule Center in, and there you go. The Capsule Center is just for spawning animals and completing the Act.

Boinciel said:
Egg Capsules? All you'd need is to have them above the ground and they work. Trust me, I've tried it. Here's something to think about- Fake Egg Capsules will be abundant in my Scrap Brain Zone for S1GG.WAD. You just need to not put the Egg Capsule Center in, and there you go. The Capsule Center is just for spawning animals and completing the Act.
You could put powerups inside some of them. :P

I'll Begin said:
Boinciel said:
Exactly! And a few will have the evil unkillable Turret! It IS the second last level, after all.

Boinciel said:
I'll Begin said:
Boinciel said:
Exactly! And a few will have the evil unkillable Turret! It IS the second last level, after all.
Sonic won't stand a chance! :twisted:

Error with tails.
srberrgu0.png

I'll Begin said:
Code:
So I tried copying EMERA0 from srb2.srb to thok_tails.wad (to see if it would fix it), and that message came up again.

A recent discovery of mine is that the EMERA0 error comes from having the two values of the name in the character select screen and the skin name the same.

For instance, you should make it so that in the character select it says "thok-tails" and the skin could be named "thoktails".

BlueZero4 said:
I'll Begin said:
Code:

A recent discovery of mine is that the EMERA0 error comes from having the two values of the name in the character select screen and the skin name the same.

For instance, you should make it so that in the character select it says "thok-tails" and the skin could be named "thoktails".

That's bizzare (fixes).

EDIT: It's not working. Here's my OBJCTCFG lump.

Code:
SRB2 version = 109
Character 5
PlayerName = thok-tails
MenuPosition = 6
PicName = TAILCHAR
SkinName = thoktails
Status = 32
PlayerText =              Knux's Speed 
                 Speed Thok?
            I'll Begin's first
character wad. It's
Just a crappy S_SKIN
modification. Tails now
thoks. Crazy!

In your S_SKIN, that name variable thingamahigger should read: "thoktails"

Edit: And what is your exact error anyway? Does it happen in-game?

BlueZero4 said:
In your S_SKIN, that name variable thingamahigger should read: "thoktails"

Edit: And what is your exact error anyway? Does it happen in-game?
The game closes and displays an error box with that message. There's a download link if you want to check it out.

This fails, I can't seem to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back