Textures/flats gets replaced by ????? textures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember these textures/flats?

GFZBRICK.png
GFZDOOR.png
GFZWINDW.png
GFZROCK.png
GFZCRACK.png

And other textures...
Why were they replaced by ????????-like textures? Are they supposed to be deleted? (Also forgot to say that I could not see them unless I type their names in - in SRB2 Doom Builder).
(And I did not know where to put this).

Last edited:
No, that's just SRB2 Doom Builder not being able to display them properly, because of the changes to the system for multi-patch textures.

The large majority of textures now are a single patch; these few that don't display properly are the few multi-patch textures that exist (yes, even GFZROCK is made of multiple patches now!).

None of these are intended to be deleted any time soon as far as I am aware.

Last edited:
No, that's just SRB2 Doom Builder not being able to display them properly, because of the changes to the system for multi-patch textures.

The large majority of textures now are a single patch; these few that don't display properly are the few multi-patches that exist (yes, even GFZROCK is made of multiple patches now!).

None of these are intended to be deleted any time soon as far as I am aware.
Oh ok, I thought the textures or flats like GFZROCK and REDWALL was removed to stop SRB2 Doom Builder from displaying them.

Load this as an additional resource WAD to make SRB2DB display the missing textures. Or, if you don't want to load a resource WAD every time you work on a level, make yourself a copy of srb2.srb, paste the contents of the WAD I linked into it, and then use that as your IWAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back