So, whats your favorite map

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilaj67

What you Lookin at?
My favorite map wad? Well mine is a map pack!, scr-acidmissile.wad.

Last edited:
To be honest, I haven't played any map packs or released wads in so long. I used to be an avid player when the editing section was much more active and people were more interested in making maps/playing srb2. So if I had to make a choice, my favorite maps in srb2 would be the DSZ levels. Don't know what it is but when I fiddle around with Srb2BD2 elements from those levels always seem to make their way into mine.

Blaaaaaagh. Egg Rock Zone Act 2. It's fun to watch all of the noobs die and then steal the spotlight and finish when they're all dead.

Note: I'm still a noob too! 8D

Mine would have to be BSZ.

Haha, yeah. Botanic Serenity would have to be my favourite WAD level.

Non-WAD level would be Arid Canyon Zone, pretty much just because of the music and unique (and slightly unexpected!) feel to it.

To be fair, though, I've barely played SRB2 the past few years. I would play on the MS more, but the community there's gone so downhill, it seems... All I'm seeing is "X the Y" or "X (Lv. Y)" or "Owner", hm.

Official map: Easily Egg Rock Zone act 2

Level wad: either Oceanic Cove Zone by 123 Runite or Sparkling Icecap by Thompson

I'm inclined to say Neo Aerial Garden.

But Spacewalk Zone is still my favourite level of all time.

Original: Egg Rock Zone act 2 because the music was awesome :)
From other mappers: The STH360RE by Thompson (the one for srb2 v2.4)

EDIT:
However I always find a new favorite level pack, for example I used to like (in order): scr_acidmissile, torturedplanet, soniquestbeta, SRB2Riders mod old and new (not sure if this counts).

Last edited:
I have many favorites but the one I could think of for the moment is Sonic Dumbventure Vol. 1. There's just so many surprises and it always puts a smile on my face and it never gets old after a while.

I probably have more favorites but Dumbventure is the only one I can think of now because I don't have time to ponder about maps while I am at school.

My favorite non-wad maps are ERZ2 NAGZ and SS7. They all are fun to play and are nice challenge in time-attack.

But my favorite wad map is 2nd quest´s Mystic Realm Zone. There is so great idea with super sonic.

I like Tortured Planet, it has good levels and great music.
My Runner-Up would be Ors Land, not too bad for a beginner level pack.

Favorite official: Egg Rock Zone 2, simply because of the music.
Favorite level WAD: Dumbventure and Botanic Serenity really stand out in my mind. They never get old.

Official: ERZ2
Custom: Azure Temple

I guess I'll have some thinking to do when 2.1 comes out...

Last edited:
Official
Sp: Castle Eggman Zone.The idea of a medieval level is genius to me.
Match: Desolate Twilight. I'm not a huge fan of match, so the fact I like any match level at all is noteworthy. =p
Circuit: Race Alley.
CTF: Twisted Terminal. So fun!

Custom

Sp: Gritty Columns Zone. This is my favorite desert level...probably of all time. And The Perception in Botanic Serenity. I FINALLY got to play a freakin' multimare map in SRB2 NiGHTS.
Match: As long as it's got lots of space to move around in and a hidden nuke, I'll somewhat like it. =p
Circuit: None. I usually do SP maps for circuit.
CTF: I don't think I've even played any CTF wads... =/

Well after some thinking I came up with three maps that I remember the most and that are also in my favorites. They are all single player maps:

1. Sonic Dumbventure
2. Snow Nimbus Zone (Tortured Planet)
3. Neo Aerial Garden Zone

Most of the maps made by the community are mostly good and I do enjoy them a lot. Hell, I would list all the good maps that I've played on here as my favorite included with a personal opinion that is a paragraph long if I had to.

Well I love my level pack called The Makes. But this is not about me, so I would have to say Meadow Match zone. Even though it is small, there is something about it that I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back