What is your favorite kind of music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic rock, jazz, electronica... I like a whole lot of genres, actually. It just depends on how well the songs are done. I almost never like lyrical songs besides comedy, because most people I hear suck at singing. The Eagles, by far, does not suck at singing, and it has great lyrics and musical composition. Otherwise, instrumental albums I usually get are from Spyro Gyra.

Metal and every sub-genre of it. Also some techno and instrumental stuff (ie Hans Zimmer). I'm NOT going to list artists. The list is MASSIVE. I actually took the time to list most of them in the DBP forum if you want to see everyone I listen to but yeah. Metal and plenty of it. :)

Genre; examples.

-Alternative rock; Hoobastank
-Hard rock; Papa Roach (2006)
-Alternative/Heavy metal; Metallica
-Metalcore; Atreyu (2004, 2006)
-Thrash metal; Trivium
-Power metal/epic; Nightwish
-Nu metal (Very vague); Slipknot; Adema; Linkin Park

ree-c said:
Genre; examples.

-Thrash metal; Trivium

I'm glad to see someone that listens to Atreyu and isn't a raving "u guys are sellouts cuz u don't scream anymore, go back to Suicide Notes" fan. Kudos.
Or just another metalcore fan in general, though As I Lay Dying is my all time favorite band.

It's not really a specific genre, it really depends on the song, I can listen to almost every genre and be fine with it.

XsoniccoreX (814) said:
ree-c said:
Genre; examples.

-Thrash metal; Trivium

I'm glad to see someone that listens to Atreyu and isn't a raving "u guys are sellouts cuz u don't scream anymore, go back to Suicide Notes" fan. Kudos.
Or just another metalcore fan in general, though As I Lay Dying is my all time favorite band.

Yes, I am annoyed that they stopped screaming (Death Grip on Yesterday rocked ass), but Lead Sails Paper Anchor was still a good album. I am very fond of Slow Burn and Two Become One. (Seriously not referencing vore here. >>)

Yeah, I still wish they screamed more but I'm not a scene kid demanding they go back to Suicide Notes. Lip Gloss and Black and Diane the Arsonist are really the only good songs on there, and besides, the guitars and vocals were crap. Lead Sails is amazing and I appreciate that they are trying something new unlike the other artists in the metalcore genre but I'd be happy with something in between The Curse and Deathgrip. I still think Bleeding Mascara pwns.

Hmm, maybe I should be a bit more specific.
Heavy Metal: Unearth, Children Of Bodom, Neocracy
Power Metal: DragonForce, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica
Death Metal: Job For A Cowboy, All Shall Perish, Beneath The Massacre, The Black Dahlia Murder
Black Metal: Horde...not too many others
Metalcore: AS I LAY DYING, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, August Burns Red
Hardcore: Converge, Emmure, Ion Dissonance, Bury Your Dead, The Acacia Strain
Grindcore: Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation (despite the name they're animal rights), The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza (yeah that's a real band)
Other Stuff: Misfits, Maiden, Powerglove

Ha, here are my true colors, I could talk about music forever...but I probably shouldn't flood the topic lol.

M.V.P said:
Trance. That's basically all I listen to. :)

I have been getting into trance lately...it's good.

But mostly I am a rock/pop kinda guy...some of my favorites are the Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Ozomatli and on and on.

get ready for long list.

Cough Cough..
Nujabes
Talib Kweil
M-flo
Teriyaki Boyz
Lupe Fiasco
Daft Punk
Alien Ant Farm
Papa Roach
Juju Bee
Nikki Jean
Zion 1
Surreal
Camp Lo
Monka Only
Bahamadia
Sarah Green
Common
Kayne West
Jay-Z
Del The Funkee Fresh Homosapien ( aka Deltron Zero )
Gorillaz
Dj DeckStream.
BLACKstreet Boys
Mya
Shingo 02
Emyli ( Shes so hot.lol)
Melody
Yamamoto Ryohei
Fat Jon ( no not Joe)
Variety is thy good.

People: Who the heck is all these people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back