What's with hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
I can usually host fine, but to do so I have to host, then end the game and host again several times until I finally appear on the master server list in game. It's pretty annoying, and I think there should be an easier way of joining private games. Something like a password that the host picks or something, because it's unnecessarily difficult to join a private game right now.

I don't see how it's difficult to join a private game, considering we've been using IP addresses to do just that for years before anyone had the bright idea of a master server for networked gaming.

I can usually host fine, but to do so I have to host, then end the game and host again several times until I finally appear on the master server list in game. It's pretty annoying, and I think there should be an easier way of joining private games. Something like a password that the host picks or something, because it's unnecessarily difficult to join a private game right now.

HOSTING PRIVATE

1: Get your IP address
2: Post it
3: Host w/o Internet Advertising
4: ???
5: PROFIT!

JOINING

1: Get the other guy's IP address
2: Write it down somewhere
3: Join via IP

Remind me how this is hard.

HOSTING PRIVATE

1: Get your IP address
2: Post it
3: Host w/o Internet Advertising
4: If you're not hosting on port 5029, post that too
5: ???
6: PROFIT!

JOINING

1: Get the other guy's IP address
2: Write it down somewhere
3: Join via IP, entering the port after a colon if it's not 5029

Remind me how this is hard.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Try either:

-clientport xxxx, xxxx being said port
or
when joining via ip, do xxx.xx.xx.xx:yyyy, yyyy being the port you want to join on.

(If needed, combine both.)

Private netgames just don't work for me. I've given my IP, fowarded the correct port, and it nothing works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back