How do I bypass the addon limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANMAN

Kwiin thinks it's possible using SLADE, but I barely have any experience with it. So I need help.

This is what he said: "The second method could theoretically be used to entirely circumvent the wad limit. You can use SLADE to put each WAD you want to use into a single WAD. You just have to make sure you separate each lump with a S_END marker."

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Please note, yes, there's a first method. But it barely works.

And maybe you have a different idea.

That would be repacking. Repacking is frowned upon given it can cause some authors to go out for your blood as it involves copying or moving the files contained within a mod to somewhere else not intended by the author, practically violating the "no modifications" bit if the author doesn't want their file to be edited in any shape or form.

Why are you trying to do that? The limit is practically high and there's also a cap of 50mb per file.

Last edited:
That would be repacking. Repacking is frowned upon given it can cause some authors to go out for your blood.

Why are you trying to do that? The limit is practically high and there's also a cap of 50mb per file.
But how do I do it? Do I have to use the exec command way, or something else? I tried the exec way, but it didn't work. Can you teach me how to repack your way? Plus, I'm trying to do this so I can play with the addons.

I will not teach you to repack files.
I'm merely asking you why are you trying to repack!

Disregarding the fact that the bots may not recognize any special abilities the characters you add may have,

Have you considered loading every file manually? Or since it is for testing, why not just try just a few at a time?

Addon limit or not, adding a LOT of characters is bound to cause problems.

Disregarding the fact that the bots may not recognize any special abilities the characters you add may have,

Have you considered loading every file manually? Or since it is for testing, why not just try just a few at a time?

Addon limit or not, adding a LOT of characters is bound to cause problems.
But can you just use Kwiin's method by using SLADE? Is that repacking?

Last edited:
Yes! That is repacking! I told you so in the second reply in this thread.

Any particular reason that you can't do what I suggested?

I'm trying to figure out a solution for you that doesn't involve exactly what ticks mod authors off.

I can't help you if you're adamant on repacking. Sorry!

Okay, but do you have a thread on how to repack?

No such thread exists - as you've been told, repacking mods against their respective authors' wishes is discouraged, which is why one should also not exist as not to create a bad precedent.

No such thread exists - as you've been told, repacking mods against their respective authors' wishes is discouraged, which is why one should also not exist as not to create a bad precedent.
But I'm not posting a character to this site. (Sorry if what I said doesn't make sense. I'm new to srb2.)

Last edited:
Oh wow I've been wondering the same thing about how to bypass the mod limit, I would normally suggest something like "just slap the mods into a pk3" but I've tried that before and it didn't work but I actually suggest asking this question to people who run 24/7 servers because I've always saw that their mod packs manage to always put more mods into srb2 while using less space.

But don't ask me about finding one because I can't but maybe ask around for a bit and you might find one.

Oh wow I've been wondering the same thing about how to bypass the mod limit, I would normally suggest something like "just slap the mods into a pk3" but I've tried that before and it didn't work but I actually suggest asking this question to people who run 24/7 servers because I've always saw that their mod packs manage to always put more mods into srb2 while using less space.

But don't ask me about finding one because I can't but maybe ask around for a bit and you might find one.
But can you just do Kwiin's method by using SLADE? Also, can you help me doing it?

You are not getting help to repack PK3s in here. Avoid making new threads asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back