Looking for people to help with mokey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwayGem

skonk
Hi guys sorry I took your time but I need a lua coder for a character named mokey the mouse the S_SKIN and SOC_PLAY too so I need some lua coder for the mod everyone who post something useful on this thread will be a beta tester so thx for attention! And good night!

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Pls someone help with lua I do not know how to code lua! PLS HELP Me!

Welcome to the message board! Please be mindful of where to place commas as long sentences without them become harder to interpret.

Asking people to flat out make things for you is against the rules, so I'd greatly recommend learning some aspect of modding first then showcasing your progress.
Sometimes people may want to help you out after you've shown significant progress, but don't count on it - Many users with a skill are very often busy with their own projects or even real life.

If you haven't already, you may want to begin downloading the main program for SRB2 modding: SLADE. However you mentioned you have, 2 hours ago...

By the way, we have a wiki.

This wiki has a tutorial on custom characters and information about the sprite system in SRB2 - How to name them, the palette they use and such.

If you wish to learn how to script in Lua, our wiki has information about it. There are also plenty of tutorials on the web, just like this one.
You don't require SLADE to learn it. Lua's website even has a demo interpreter! Just no SRB2 specific things.

If you want a program to draw, Microsoft Paint is not optimal but does the job. If you want something slightly more specialized, many users recommend aseprite, krita, Paint.NET or GIMP.
For drawing tutorials, I have nothing, but you can find some on the internet as well.

You are also welcome to join the SRB2 Discord if you want more help! Creating an account is fairly easy.

Judging by your post I linked at the top, you are unable to run SLADE.
I'm not particularly sure what could be causing the issue as you haven't elaborated on it, but common causes are not installing the right version (how?) or your computer not supporting OpenGL 2.0 (if you use a laptop, for example, which are known to have an earlier version of OpenGL with its integrated graphics and you can't upgrade them without gutting your device).
In any case, there is one alternative to SLADE, however it isn't as stable and it's not recommended. Yet, it's a decent one and has been useful through the infancy of SRB2 modding.

Good luck!

Thanks for telling me just I cannot show the progress right now cause slade does not work I am planning to join the discord tomorrow and sorry that I did this just I don't know how to do lua that's all I just need a specific ability nothing more but I could use some reusable content but I wanted a unique ability and here I have the CSS done but the sprites ya know I had the idea to make the mod on a server with RedShadowKirby5 helped me with the login and I am new so pls don't ban me

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

And for that I welcome you as a beta tester I will tell you when can I send it thx!

This thread will be closed for reasons that Rapidgame7 already kindly explained; remember to read the rules, and as soon as you're ready to show your progress, you can remake the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back