Edge's question topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palettes are indexed ACTs, if I recall. You'll have to fix that. Also, while it's a bit of a pain, you can alter the palette's colors manually in XWE. Look around a bit, you'll find it. I'm too lazy to explain how right now. X_X

There really isn't, save hiding them behind sectors. And even then, it's not very effective.

I'm assuming that is based on the power of the computer's processor/video card. I doubt there is a preset number that will make the game lag to the point of unplayability.

on Edge said:
What's the best way to conserve lag when using massive amounts of FOFs?

Use the least amount of linedefs for a sector, FOR the control sector (answer is 3 linedefs instead of a square 4).

Actually, I'm not sure if this would break the game or not, since it isn't rendered, but try making your control scetor 1 linedef.

Never tried that.

Hell, for all we know, it might work.

Though I don't understand why the number of linedefs on the control sector makes a difference. I figured it was just the raw number of FOFs created by the control sectors that mattered.

Before you delete the extra linedefs, set it. The sector still exists, it's just hard to change its settings: You either need to zoom in really far and put your mouse near the linedef's front side, or manually edit the nodes.

NVM but anyway:

Name: MysticRealm
Things: 245-259
States: 1358-1555
Maps: A1-AZ, B1-BZ, and C1-CO

Edit: 'Nother question. Why does A_Skullattack never work properly unless it's used by eggman?

I'm not stupid. My egg-clones used MF_Boss, but they still stall in front of the target, not touching, and not hurting Sonic. These were pretty much identiacal clones of eggman, and it failed.

1) When I save in XWE and such, I have to move the directory it saves to over and over again. Is there a way to fix that?

2) Is there a way to make custom names for freeslot sprites?

3) Is there a symbol for obsolete?

4) What is the best music editor?

5) What's the best format for music?

6) How many different colors do you need for realistic shading?

7) Why are all the characters in SRB2 so incredibly happy?

8) What makes the MR popular?

5) I think SRB2 uses ogg because it has around the same sort of quality as mp3 (afaik) and takes up far less space. It also has midi as optional, but I'm not entirely sure why.

6) More than you can get in SRB2 palette... =P Actually it really depends on the style you want to go for. Official SRB2 characters only have three to four main shades of one color, while some such as Senku and Nitro seem to try to use four to six shades of the base color. I find that shades need to be enough apart to have at least some different unless you really want a deep gradient. When the colors start to blend in similarity, I usually do every other one, or even skip two or three between shades for the sake of gradients with a good contrast.

7) Because it is a game? I think that if the characters were anything but happy, it would take away the cartoony feel of the game. I don't think Sonic was ever incredibly sad ingame in any of the games I've played. (not including cutscenes)

8) Because it is the MOST complete mod for SRB2 and has some of the best examples of how levels should be executed in SRB2. I personally think that JCZ, TVZ, and FRZ are the best zones even made, even though they didn't rank in my favorites. It does, however, seem to be considered negatively for the overtly familiar Aerial Garden Zone and the frustrating Verdant Forest Zone as far as I know.

on Edge said:
Does this mean custom textures? I am not sure if there is a standard obsolete symbol.

I would say Cool edit, but you can't get that anymore. Adobe Audition is supposed to be the same. If you don't feel like spending money, I would say Audacity is good for some basic editing.

This depends on the situation. If you can, put midis in a wad, they take less space then an ogg or mp3. The problem is making them sound well. OGGs have pretty good quality and take less space then a mp3 of the same quality.

I think the issue is the type of shading you choose to use. I think it also depends on the object. Just try to stay away from pillow shading.

JEV3 said:
6) Official SRB2 characters only have three to four main shades of one color, while some such as Senku and Nitro seem to try to use four to six shades of the base color. I find that shades need to be enough apart to have at least some different unless you really want a deep gradient. When the colors start to blend in similarity, I usually do every other one, or even skip two or three between shades for the sake of gradients with a good contrast.
Hmm... Thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do with that.

JEV3 said:
7) Because it is a game? I think that if the characters were anything but happy, it would take away the cartoony feel of the game. I don't think Sonic was ever incredibly sad ingame in any of the games I've played. (not including cutscenes)
Meh. I suppose, but some characters I would think need to be more drawn and sharper.

JEV3 said:
8) Because it is the MOST complete mod for SRB2 and has some of the best examples of how levels should be executed in SRB2.
I agree with the completion thing, but some of the levels are simply _NOT_ how I want mine to look.

Torgo said:
on Edge said:
Does this mean custom textures? I am not sure if there is a standard obsolete symbol.
I mean some thing like % or the paragraph symbol.

Torgo said:
I would say Cool edit, but you can't get that anymore. Adobe Audition is supposed to be the same. If you don't feel like spending money, I would say Audacity is good for some basic editing.
I'll look into it.

Torgo said:
This depends on the situation. If you can, put midis in a wad, they take less space then an ogg or mp3. The problem is making them sound well. OGGs have pretty good quality and take less space then a mp3 of the same quality.
Thanks.

Torgo said:
I think the issue is the type of shading you choose to use. I think it also depends on the object. Just try to stay away from pillow shading.
OK I GET IT NO PILLOW SHADING

I'm past that. (I think.) Are there any other specific types of shading besides pillow shading and not pillow shading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back