Suggestions

No, due to the fact certain texture replacements can allow for players to see things far easier, and it seems a bit more cheaty: I mean, if you could replace the graphics without desyncing, someone would make a graphics replacement that helps point out hit boxes in a gametype like match.

Ugh ,do i have to Setup the Server each time i want to Challenge another Player ?,ok let's forget about this gametype,what about Railrings,these things are very Powerful,what about having them for a Period for example 60 Seconds ....
Now guys! If we are going to put in a Duels gametype into SRB2 (whether it's by LUA or an option for SRB2 itself), we should make unique maps for Duels because several things about Duels are different from Match and also, mainly because Duels in Skulltag/Zandronum have their own maps. If we are going to make maps for Duels, we should have several people make the maps for Duels.

Now guys! If we are going to put in a Duels gametype into SRB2 (whether it's by LUA or an option for SRB2 itself), we should make unique maps for Duels because several things about Duels are different from Match and also, mainly because Duels in Skulltag/Zandronum have their own maps.
It doesn't really matter if we make Duel maps or we don't,atleast we can Duel,don't forget that we're still able to make our own Maps ,so this will be very easy ... we first need this gametype to be in the game atleast, And then the rest is easy .

Oh and by the way,Current Match levels are good to be Duel maps,however they're a bit long,but Meadow Match Zone is Perfect for Dueling .
Also i will,once this gametype is Included in the game ... i can still do this now but ...

Oh and by the way,Current Match levels are good to be Duel maps,however they're a bit long,but Meadow Match Zone is Perfect for Dueling .
Well actually, I'd rather play them on the real Duel maps especially by the fact that Duels gametype from Skulltag/Zandronum uses it's unique maps. So that means Duels gametype in SRB2 should also have it's unique maps.

Well actually, I'd rather play them on the real Duel maps especially by the fact that Duels gametype from Skulltag/Zandronum uses it's unique maps. So that means Duels gametype in SRB2 should also have it's unique maps.
Yep,but we can't do anything about this ,we just have to waiting ..

The match maps are good enough candidates for dueling, and if you want to do a duel, host a modded match server and see how many people won't join mostly because of your mods, Trust me- It always happens to me.

Please stop talking about duels as a vanilla gametype. It isn't happening. If you want to make a mod that implements it, you're more than welcome to create a topic in Editing for it (once you have something to show for it), but please don't clutter up the suggestions topic with requests to make maps for a gametype that won't be implemented in vanilla.

I feel like recoil should be nerfed across all bases. It's just too much. I understand the appeal of something like a rail ring that can decimate opponents and ruin their day, but when I can't even get back to all the stuff I dropped, it just leaves me with a really annoyed feeling. Either nerfing recoil, or, dare I say it, some sort of actual progressive health system so that a single hit (give or take shields) can't turn the pace of a match around faster than any Sonic game, would be appreciated. It simply feels like there's no good way to get good, because pretty much everyone is already better.

I feel like recoil should be nerfed across all bases. It's just too much. I understand the appeal of something like a rail ring that can decimate opponents and ruin their day, but when I can't even get back to all the stuff I dropped, it just leaves me with a really annoyed feeling. Either nerfing recoil, or, dare I say it, some sort of actual progressive health system so that a single hit (give or take shields) can't turn the pace of a match around faster than any Sonic game, would be appreciated. It simply feels like there's no good way to get good, because pretty much everyone is already better.
As i said before,i feel like giving railrings a Period of use will really be Helpful,these things are very Powerful

Honestly i think the Rail Ring does fine on its own, i mean, its a fast as ring sniping you in the face, and the rushing effect leaves you flying, besides, if anything should be fixed, is the pain system of the ringslinger gametypes. Honestly I'd rather my character lose 10-20 rings a hit so i don't have to scramble to hit my opponent when they thok away with the flag or go find another player to shoot.

And about health system,instead of losing everything in your Inventory,what about just losing Normal rings ,then Dropping Weapon rings after dying ..
EDIT : It's not Fair,i mean after Spending like 7 Minutes in Collecting my Weapon rings someone comes just to Shoot me and steal everything i have -_-

Last edited:
I think rail ring should have reduced knockback at close range, because the additional recoil in close quarters makes it too all-around effective when it's supposed to be a sniping tool.

The other weapons' recoils are fine imo. If scatter ring didn't have knockback, you'd just use bomb or auto, probably.

I think rail ring should have reduced knockback at close range, because the additional recoil in close quarters makes it too all-around effective when it's supposed to be a sniping tool.

The other weapons' recoils are fine imo. If scatter ring didn't have knockback, you'd just use bomb or auto, probably.
We can keep the Explosion ring as it is,because it's supposed to look like a Rocket Launcher :)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back