Mom of dead girl: Sickness was test of faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post would normally have a bunch of religious stuff in it, but seeing as the majority of the board isn't religious, it'd just be a wall of text for nothing.

But in any case, that was kind of stupid. Sure, praying is good and all, but don't you think the parents should've done more than that?

It was diabetes.

The mother of an 11-year-old girl who died of undiagnosed diabetes as the family prayed for her to get better testified Tuesday that she believes sickness is caused by sin and can be cured by God.

...Wow. I didn't know we still had people like that. I'm not heavily religious, but I do know that's just friggin ridiculous.

This sounds more like a Colosseum topic.

This is actually the kind of thing that used to be much more prominent, when some people called themselves "faith healers" and encouraged people to abstain from all medicine so that they would be miraculously healed. However, I'm pretty sure both religious and nonreligious communities recognized this as an extremist position.

There was an old maxim that said "God helps those who help themselves"... Operating under that logic, praying for help when you aren't willing to go the distance to seek out a solution that is probably already presented before you isn't likely to prove a testament of faith, because part of that faith is taking the solution that is given to you.

Diabetes? That's just absurd. She could have lived a completely normal life if she had gotten proper treatment.

Bigboi said:
Morons.

Or maybe mormons.
I genuinely got a laugh out of this.

This is completely ridiculous. Completely illogical, against all intelligent thinking - who on Earth doesn't go get help when their child is unconcious?

So parental judgment is if you THINK hard enough to a garbage bin in your mind, diabetes will be cured?

...Were they Amish?

They trusted "god" to cure her diabetes. "God" didn't help them. This is why I dislike people overly religious. They prey to their "god" for moral support where in actuality, there's no telling what could happen if no action is taken and people rely on "god" for almost everything in their life.

Tets said:
I don't believe in a god of any kind because even if one exists, he hasn't gone out of his way to prove to me that he does, and he hasn't done anything to deserve my worship.
And this too.

The family does not belong to an organized religion

If I were them, I'd plead insanity. They don't stand a chance otherwise.

Let's hope the other kids get reasonable, logical guardians when Mommy and Daddy go where they belong.

Wausau is only 2 hours and 30 minutes from where I live so it's been on the news around here in Madison for a while. Very interesting case, but I have no opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back