What is PrettySRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpshade

Usually lurks somewhere.
I tried looking for it on the srb2wiki and the SEARCH button, but I only found people mentioning it

Hmm, excellent point. I'll have to write an article on it, including some links.

In the meantime, it's a small modification by Shuffle incorporating JTE's OpenGL bugfixes/additions into SRB2, making it fully compatible with SRB2 1.09.4.

Two of the most notable changes are the inclusion of shadows, and that HIRES sprites/characters no longer act weird when used.

Also Shuffle included a menu to change levels while in a level instead of having to open the console and typing MAP MAP01 for example. Very useful when hosting.

mariosonic said:
Also Shuffle included a menu to change levels while in a level instead of having to open the console and typing MAP MAP01 for example. Very useful when hosting.

Nope, Shuffle didn't do that. That was JTE's work.

Sonict

Sonict said:
mariosonic said:

Sonict

The Switch Map Menu is AJ's doing

AlamGBC said:
Sonict said:
mariosonic said:

Sonict

The Switch Map Menu is AJ's doing

It's amazing how many people don't actually think of that, there's been a lot of people saying it's someone else other than just an addition to the main source code. Poor AJ.

A bunch of features known as JTE features are actually from the SVN SRB2 builds, which Alam regularly merges with current versions of SVN SRB2. Or at least he used to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back