Halo 3: ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can't really take down brutes on it's own though. It's good if you wanna use it in combination with the plasma pistol though.

So, I got to play a game of Firefight with my bro. Being the rustier of us two, naturally, I lagged behind at the start, and ended up trying to get most of my kills by camping near the medkits with the ever-omnipotent Automag and simply sticking Brutes when they got too close. But that was before I got my hands on the first Gravity Hammer. Initially I continued with a similar strategy, only clonking the bigger guys over the head when they poked their heads around the corner. But that was before the game decided to turn the Black Eye skull on.

For the uneducated here, Black Eye means that your stamina doesn't recharge like normal, and you have to melee kill to get your stamina back. Ordinarily this is a huge disadvantage and requires a fairly big change in playing style to adapt - but as some of the smarter ones here may have gathered, I was already holding a melee weapon that can one-shot all but the toughest enemies in the game. So instead of retreating back to cover for the next wave like any sane person would do, I suicidally ran straight for the enemy LZ the moment they were within grenade-toss range.

Swing one. Instant Overkill.
Swing two. Upgrade to Killtacular.
Swing three. Peak at Killpocalypse.

From that moment onward, I knew exactly how I was going to play this game from now on. Grunts, Jackals and even the occasional Brute, all fleeing from the sounds of my maniacal warcries followed with the damn-near iconic sounds of heavy Brute tech in action - all equally flying through the sky like some kind of demented celebratory confetti. And staring agape from the spawnpoint of Crater was my brother, SSMG in hand, unsure whether to take potshots at the survivors or simply let me take out the entire goddamned wave by myself.

The only thing that overcame the sheer sense of epic bloodlust that surrounded the rest of the entire match, was the instant hilarity of seeing my results on the postgame carnage screen.

7 Hammer Sprees
6 Dream Crushers
Weapon of choice: Gravity Hammer (168 kills, as opposed to my bro's 70 or so with the Automag)
Melee Kills overall: 196
Actual Score: between both of us, more than double the Achievement requirement

That all said, 5 easy steps to provoke epicness in a Firefight game:

1. Kill a chieften
2. Grab his hammer
3. Wait until Black Eye turns on
4. Camp directly underneath the next enemy drop site
5. Tell everyone to stay the **** out of your way.

(And on a less epic note, I've discovered that it's actually possible to deflect sticky grenades when they touch you. Anyone else noticed this, or knows why it happens?)

From that moment onward, I knew exactly how I was going to play this game from now on. Grunts, Jackals and even the occasional Brute, all fleeing from the sounds of my maniacal warcries followed with the damn-near iconic sounds of heavy Brute tech in action - all equally flying through the sky like some kind of demented celebratory confetti. And staring agape from the spawnpoint of Crater was my brother, SSMG in hand, unsure whether to take potshots at the survivors or simply let me take out the entire goddamned wave by myself.

Wow, that was pretty well written. Pretty damn hilarious too XD.

That all said, 5 easy steps to provoke epicness in a Firefight game:

1. Kill a chieften
2. Grab his hammer
3. Wait until Black Eye turns on
4. Camp directly underneath the next enemy drop site
5. Tell everyone to stay the **** out of your way.

This is one reason why I want an Xbox 360 and Halo 3 + ODST. (And castle crashers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back