Are you a person who takes revenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earuto

By revenge I mean someone keeps shooting throughout a whole game of match or ctf and they are a bother.

Do you attack them and chase them or do you just let it slide?

I let it slide, but I've seen and experienced others doing that. I don't understand what the big deal is; it's a game! Sadly, not everyone takes that into consideration.

In a game like SRB2, it is actually somewhat more of a challenge to hunt a single person in match and still win the game. Thats of course if said person is at least moderately skilled.

Hmm let's see, if someone were to do that on my server, I would add my me-drone.wad, my medroneflickydecoy.wad, and the flickyfollo.soc, then I would turn forceskin on, turn the respawnitemtime to zero, turn off the timer, then get somewhere out of range, and watch the clueless player try to shoot down the many flicky decoys while at the same time laughing my head off...

I don't really get the point of singling out somebody to target. Granted, if a guy has an advantageous item/weapon ring, I may try to take it from his hands, but I won't "stalk my prey" until I get it. Nothing in SRB2 is really worth following somebody like that anyways. I just shoot anything that moves (it's days like this where I miss the "shoot the item box" tactic...)

By revenge I mean someone keeps shooting throughout a whole game of match or ctf and they are a bother.

I'm assuming you meant to say "keeps shooting you", as targeting somebody who appears to be better than you is stupidly suicidal.

GFZ flowers done move, Senku, they just animate.

Please don't go off and make a GFZ flower wad.

The best tactic is generally to follow up on any hit you get, as they're at a disadvantage after they lose their rings. Otherwise, I don't generally target someone specifically unless they have a ridiculous shield.

I wouldn't revenge unless it becomes clear the other person keeps targeting at me and only at me or that person made me lose ridicuously in a netgame. And this remembers me... *opens paper with lots of data about a revenge against Spazzo*

I've only ever gone after one person more than the others for a small amount of time by being a bit annoyed at them because
they're trying to to roleplay in the server. Like yesterday, we were in house hide and seek, whatever its called, everyone was playing
match except dillion, so I was sort of on him more then anyone else for a bit, like everytime he went to the gamecube and tv and said
"yeeeah I'm playing gamecube" I'd just find him and kill him. So no I don't take revenge.

Its not strategically the best way to win a game, but I sometimes find it fun to try to go after a player. Normally I end up losing and they end up getting far more hits on me than vice versa, but its sometimes enjoyable to try and target a single person until they die or the match ends.

Finishing some players off though can be effective if you have reason to believe that they will continue to be at a disadvantage. (ie: Ring Shield)

Hmm... I should give the VIP mode a try sometime.

When I'm typing a long sentence to put up and they keep shooting me every time I reappear, it gets annoying, but I let it slide anyways.

Generally, in any game, I'll just kill everything that moves.

I do, however, get a little annoyed when someone does better than me, and just for a sort of "ha, I'm better than you", I'll hunt them down until they're dead.

I don't ignore everyone else completely, though. I won't put much effort into killing them, but I'll do it if they become a problem, shooting me, etc. This does become disadvantageous, as I tend to disgregard my score in my blind rage that must end up with my prey dead. Probably several bullet holes to the face, or at least rings, concerning SRB2.

I remember occasionally stalking people for about the first, munite or so of a match. But that only happens if I am really angry. Most of the time though, it seems to be the other way around for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back