Forum issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its almost impossible to login and I cant change anything in my profile. :cry: I tried using IE, Firefox and Opera and nothing worked. I have the same problems logging into my Forums which are hosted on Sepwich. :?

I have to change my avatar. It's starting to get dumb. Just look at it. It's boring.......

MY SIGNATURE HAS, HAS, HAS, HAS TO GET UPDATED!!!! IT'S MORE THAN A WEEK BEHIND PRESENT DATE. GOT...TO.....GET.......THIS........FIXED.......I'M..................................SLOWING...........................................DOWN...................

What?!? Signatures could tell any updates you have at something so the people won't have to go to your topic. Also, you could advertise something you have to the people of the forums. Well, that's how I use them.

Avatars....They just make the pages look better. Without any pictures, this forum would have no spirit. But, the smilies could make it look better.
Ex: :D :) :( :o :eek: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :| :mrgreen:

Note: These are in my point of view. Don't abuse my way of thinking.

I can see why signature images were removed, but avatars and signatures should stay. They give the boards more character. They also help tell you who's posting. Without avatars and signatures the board would just be boring.

Avatars are not going to be removed. Mystic has said that they provide ease in telling who's posting, it's much easier to see a cheesy black recolour than to take the time to read "Dark Mystic"

Guys, I'm not going to remove avatars and signatures. Ever. I may remove features, such as images in signatures and such, but the basic concept of an avatar and a signature is a sound one. Avatars help in recognizing the poster, since image recognition is nearly immediate, especially if someone uses the same avatar for a while. Signatures are helpful for advertising personal websites or adding a cute saying onto the end of your post.

The issue with not being able to change the avatars and signatures is a technical problem caused by me failing at the software update procedure. It is NOT me attempting to remove them entirely. It will be fixed as soon as I can figure out what the hell I did to break it.

Lol Mystic broke the boards it's a party heyyy :D *shot*

Really though, it's funny that Mystic happened to be the one who made the mistake of breaking phpBB. I think he needs someone who actually understands PHP. :P

JJames19119 said:
Lol Mystic broke the boards it's a party heyyy :D *shot*

Really though, it's funny that Mystic happened to be the one who made the mistake of breaking phpBB. I think he needs someone who actually understands PHP. :P

And that's why hotdog asked me to have a look see...

Once he actually sends me the files D: *pokes hotdog with a stick*

Mystic said:
Guys, I'm not going to remove avatars and signatures. Ever. I may remove features, such as images in signatures and such, but the basic concept of an avatar and a signature is a sound one. Avatars help in recognizing the poster, since image recognition is nearly immediate, especially if someone uses the same avatar for a while. Signatures are helpful for advertising personal websites or adding a cute saying onto the end of your post.

The issue with not being able to change the avatars and signatures is a technical problem caused by me failing at the software update procedure. It is NOT me attempting to remove them entirely. It will be fixed as soon as I can figure out what the hell I did to break it.
Well, in my experience I've found that two completely unrelated things can be extremely linked somehow. Like that time I added a conditional to jumping that only allowed you to jump if a variable (that by default was false) was false. As a result, the characters moved really fast, you couldn't jump, and NiGHTS mode resulted in Sonic going super about 200 times, then you're character flew around, then Sonic went super 200 more times, you got to fly around some more, and then it crashed.

Okay, despite what Mystic said, avatars WERE removed, at least they appear that way to me.

There aren't enough font tags to express my DISPLEASURE AT THIS.

Avatars were not removed. However, Sepwich's FTP is down, so the upload thing doesn't work currently. Hopefully it'll come back up soon.

All non-staff have lost their avatars, it appears.

EDIT: I'm wrong: Flame_The_Hedgehog still has his avatar.

DOUBLE EDIT: Hmm, and the same for most animated avatars and some JPEGs.

HOLY TRIPLE EDIT: Ok, re-uploading works. YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back