ALS Ice bucket challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I am impressed by this event! to be honest ... I did that thing! Here I have to nominalizes all of the srb2 MB.

What is ALS Ice bucket challenge?

The Ice Bucket Challenge, sometimes called the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, is an activity involving dumping a bucket of ice water on one's head to promote awareness of the disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and encourage donations to research. It went viral throughout social media during mid 2014. In the United Kingdom, people also participate in the challenge for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

The challenge dares nominated participants to be filmed having a bucket of ice water poured on their heads and challenging others to do the same. A common stipulation is that nominated people have 24 hours to comply or forfeit by way of a charitable financial donation.

What do you think?

I think it's largely a waste of water, especially here in California where we're seeing one of the worst droughts of some time. (When aren't we seeing the worst drought ever though?) I know water evaporates, but it's still a waste of money when people dump these oversized buckets onto themselves and the concrete.

If you do just a little pail over your lawn or use pool water, that's better. Kristen Stewart used dirty bath water. Whatever floats your boat. Personally I think it's largely just done for attention as it's the latest thing. Just donate, and if you can't don't subject yourself to that cold water.

I think it's largely a waste of water, especially here in California where we're seeing one of the worst droughts of some time.

Take your water back, Arizona has been suffering. Somehow. Or maybe it's just me.

As for the Bucket Challenge, I think it's just a pretty stupid way to get attention and the new biggest trend, like Lord Helix. Really, there is no point in dumping water over your heads when you could just encourage people to donate. It's not like anyone's going to come and burn down your house if you don't do it, after all.

I admit I like seeing the people who pull fancy stunts instead. Charlie Sheen, for example, was the bomb when it came to it.

As for the Bucket Challenge, I think it's just a pretty stupid way to get attention and the new biggest trend, like Lord Helix. Really, there is no point in dumping water over your heads when you could just encourage people to donate.

The point of bucket challenge is to get some what of the frozen feeling of ALS from what I've heard.

Personally I think its great because of the amount of people who know about ALS now who didn't know before and also the amount of money that has been donated to the charity in a short amount of time. ($50 million)

If you think about it, if you only just tried to verbal encourage people to donate through a tv ad or something I highly doubt that it would have raised this much awareness and money.

Last edited:
Take your water back, Arizona has been suffering. Somehow. Or maybe it's just me.

As for the Bucket Challenge, I think it's just a pretty stupid way to get attention and the new biggest trend, like Lord Helix. Really, there is no point in dumping water over your heads when you could just encourage people to donate. It's not like anyone's going to come and burn down your house if you don't do it, after all.

I admit I like seeing the people who pull fancy stunts instead. Charlie Sheen, for example, was the bomb when it came to it.

The Ice Bucket Challenge is actually a very good idea and it is 1000x way better than the awful challenges that I witnessed such as the Fire Challenge and Pass Out Challenge.

I think the Cinnamon Challenge had more humour potential.

I think the professional people that did it (Roosterteeth, TotalBiscuit, etc) saved it from just being another "lol funny facebook status ice bucket chaleng XD", as most professional people that did it explained what ALS was, why the challenge was great, and they all donated.

Not if your in England where there are only 2 days of summer sun a year. ._.

I won't bother talk of the north of the France... the sun is only here when you have to go to school (So you can enjoy the sun while writting lessons...) :P

Anyways, I don't want to buy a bucket just for ALS :/ Isn't this better just to take a cold shower or something? This should make the same feelings X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back