I will pay someone $20 to upload demo 1.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it isn't.

Someone needs to upload 1.08 on their host someday until SSN updates the History section.

It's not. Seriously, people, I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with an old version of SRB2. Play 1.09. It's better in pretty much every way.

Actually, yeah, I'm interested as to why people want 1.08 so much. Maybe I can make changes in the 1.09 patch that will help that.

I think the cause is related to map testing, as 1.09 doesn't let you change characters, even after using GOD, or something like that. I'm not sure, because I haven't tried 1.08 before.

You couldn't change characters in 1.08 in normal 1 player either. The only related modification to 1.09 is that if you want to switch characters in multiplayer, you have to stop moving before doing so.

Yeah, it was something along those lines... I just know it was related to editing and testing, that's all.

These are my guesses:

1. SPMoves only works with 1.08. There is no 1.09 version.
2. Some people seem to think 1.08 has less bugs than 1.09. I think it just seems like that to them since we knew what caused all of the bugs in 1.08, so we could avoid them. In 1.09, we're still figuring out how to prevent them from occuring.
3. They want to play Chaos.
4. They refuse to get used to Knux without multi-glide.

Other than that, I really don't see why people want 1.08

Probably just compatability. A lot of the older mods and stuff don't work in 1.09, do they? Not soc mods, anyway. Even maps are kind of iffy, same with skins...

Maybe because 1.08 is a marker in SRB2 history?

I personally think it belongs in the history. I didn't begin map making until late 1.08, where I truly got hooked to SRB2. I think it belongs there, above the SRB2 soundtrack.

As a side note, not all the 1.0x versions are there. I certainly hope someone has them...

I have older versions, but not specifically 1.08...

0.94 (Xmas)
4.35 (I'm not sure if I still have the file or I deleted it)

I've deleted 1.08 installer after a lot of tries to run it (failing always).

FuriousFox said:
These are my guesses:

1. SPMoves only works with 1.08. There is no 1.09 version.
2. Some people seem to think 1.08 has less bugs than 1.09. I think it just seems like that to them since we knew what caused all of the bugs in 1.08, so we could avoid them. In 1.09, we're still figuring out how to prevent them from occuring.
3. They want to play Chaos.
4. They refuse to get used to Knux without multi-glide.

Other than that, I really don't see why people want 1.08

1. SRB2JTE IS SPMoves for 1.09.... morons
2. At least now we have homing rings working....
3. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH CHAOS MODE!!!!
4. I miss my Spidey Knux....
Don't make me sing the song...

The one most annoying bug in 1.09 is the problem that randomly (and very commonly) prevents people from joining netgames for no known reason whatsoever, which would, if you let it sit for too long, also cause the bug with the sign that says you couldn't connect that doesn't go away if you press esc. Do you know how horrible that is?
And yes, I miss teh Spidey Knux too. :cry: As for SRB2JTE being SPMoves for 1.09... SPMoves still beats it at the moment, but I'm working... I'm working...

1.08 and 1.09 let you switch characters in 1 player mode. Put this in a script file and it will work:

Code:
alias w "wait 1"
alias w3 "w; w; w"
alias sst "toggle splitscreen"
bind 1 "sst; w3; skin sonic; w3; sst"
bind 2 "sst; w3; skin tails; w3; sst"
bind 3 "sst; w3; skin knuckles; w3; sst"
bind 4 "sst; w3; skin zim; w3; sst"

FF hit the bullet on the mark. Also, Kroze... no. SPMoves is currenty far better then SRB2JTE, and the latter is seeming to be shaping up into something totally different, so I wouldn't count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back