Save after using console commands

I played through SRB2 2.2 as Sonic and Tails and really enjoyed it. When I discovered there was a Metroid mod, I decided to replay the game (now in 2.1.25) as Samus. I didn't realize that you needed a special SOC mod in order to save as a custom character.
( https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=45730 )
I was just before the final zone too. The game saves correctly now, but I still lost 6 hours of progress from getting all of the upgrades. I can use console commands to give me the upgrades and warp me to the zone I was at, but then the game stops saving my progress.
Is there a way to get to the final zone and spawn a bunch of objects, while still retaining the game's ability to save? Like a way to disable the anti cheat, or maybe make a one room level full of monitors that takes you to the final level? I just don't want to have to replay everything all over again a third time.

I hope I'm not late.
Umm, so the problem is that the game was made so that once you activated Developer Mode (devmode) or added any kind of addons (characters, levels, lua etc.) it wouldn't save anything. The game will only save single player mode (as well as Time Attack records) if you haven't modified it in any way. But, if you want to, you can use the custom save file mod to save it. But no, there's no possible way to actually save with modifications.

I played through SRB2 2.2 as Sonic and Tails and really enjoyed it. When I discovered there was a Metroid mod, I decided to replay the game (now in 2.1.25) as Samus. I didn't realize that you needed a special SOC mod in order to save as a custom character.
( https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=45730 )
I was just before the final zone too. The game saves correctly now, but I still lost 6 hours of progress from getting all of the upgrades. I can use console commands to give me the upgrades and warp me to the zone I was at, but then the game stops saving my progress.
Is there a way to get to the final zone and spawn a bunch of objects, while still retaining the game's ability to save? Like a way to disable the anti cheat, or maybe make a one room level full of monitors that takes you to the final level? I just don't want to have to replay everything all over again a third time.
Use save files, they are a thing.

v2.2.12 will let you save with mods added. Saving is still disabled if cheats such as objectplace, devmode, god etc are used.

It's not fully out yet. Look for it in #prerelease-testing on our Discord server.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back