The most convinent part of your PC(56k Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaron

My PC is a slightly modified version of Xp, the most convenient of the modifications that I have on my computer would be that My PC has a dock on the top screen.

GW1024H768.jpg

Most convenient? I can launch the internet by clicking an icon on my desktop or start menu. That monstrosity just looks like it would get in the way.

Wow...

I cant tell if that be computer-icon or computer-beast.

Oh, and I use ctrl+alt+del and select "new task" and type in the name of the website I want to go to.

Shuffle said:
Most convenient? I can launch the internet by clicking an icon on my desktop or start menu. That monstrosity just looks like it would get in the way.

I just made it bigger for the screenshot, it gets much smaller when your mouse isn't near it, normally it looks like this:

GW1024H768.jpg

And when it's magnified, it looks like this:

GW1024H768.jpg

Now the reason it's SO convenient is that I can drag a picture to the paint icon and it opens the file, if I drag any other application like Srb2 to the bar, then drag a wad or soc to the icon, it starts srb2 with the chosen file,
and once you select your application it tucks away neatly to the top of your screen so that it doesn't obstruct your view.

I think we all know the behavior of OS X's Dockbar, thank you very much. And yes, it does get in the way. I tried it once, couldn't understand its purpose, and because of its large size, it gets in the way of everything unless you set it to Auto-hide. Like a lot of features in OS X, it's really more fun than functional. Windows' Taskbar is still far more useful.

That supposed to look like a mac? If you want a mac theme, get Style XP.

FoxBlitzz said:
I think we all know the behavior of OS X's Dockbar, thank you very much. And yes, it does get in the way. I tried it once, couldn't understand its purpose, and because of its large size, it gets in the way of everything unless you set it to Auto-hide. Like a lot of features in OS X, it's really more fun than functional. Windows' Taskbar is still far more useful.

On a mac, you can change the size in "System Preferences". If you've got it on a PC, just go into it's settings and you can change the size. Mine(On my PC) is only small because of all the crap I shoved on it. XD

I know you all know what a dock is, it's convenient for me because, I think it's easier to drag a soc from my desktop, to my srb2win icon rather then click on the srb2net launcher, click run and type addfile whatever.soc,
of course we all have different opinions on this, but in my opinion I think it's easier.

sonicfreak94 said:
That supposed to look like a mac? If you want a mac theme, get Style XP.

Nope, I'm not trying to look like mac, I just like the dock and wallpaper.

No, you don't get it. You can actually place icons for programs to launch on your Taskbar. Right-click Taskbar > Toolbars > Quick Launch. Then drag SRB2 onto the Quick Launch section, then the file you want to launch onto the new SRB2 button.

Well, I use Object Dock occasionally because I have a lot of programs I'd rather not put on my desktop (because I want my desktop as clean as possible). Other than that, I just use the windows classic appearance, and if ever I want to change it, I have to make my own modification. No exceptions. (I could do it, but it would litterally take a year or two if I go nonstop with it, so, meh.)

RgxSuperSonic said:
Looks exactly like the MAC computers I use at my computer shop.

Notice the task bar and that the dock is on top, if I changed my wallpaper and showed my desktop icons, you probably wouldn't think it was a mac, at first glance.

DashFox2007 said:
Umm..FoxBlitz isn't new, and I wasn't trying to offend anyone. :|

... I was talking to EVERYONE, not just you. You aren't the center of the universe, sorry pal.

Right, moving on.

My most convenient mod... um, Firefox, Macromedia, and a wireless connection? I'm not any more modish than that. >_>

The explorer address bars in Vista: I like being able to click on the location rather than hitting back repeatedly or deleting some text.

Flip3D: All I have to do is hold "Windows key + TAB", roll my mouse button up once and then let go. Instant-I'm-on-the-desktop. Alternatively, the standard alt-tab, as you can control your windows selection with the mouse and arrow keys, unlike in XP where you have to download some stupid mod (Which is a pain with IE7).

I also like Vista's start menu search. Helpful when you can't find what you're looking for, when you have a lot of stuff on it.

Yeah. I'm using Vista.

Also, Rivatuner, which is what I use to overclock my graphics card.

If you want to know about hardware, then all there is is some spare small fan jammed inbetween my audio expansion (gives me SPDIF and 3 more jacks) and my graphics card (Geforce 7600GT). The fan used to be taped in. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back