A question about ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to port SRB2 to the PS2? (or if powerful enough for it, PS1?)

Nope the ps2 is to slow for that. did you know the PS2 is from the year 2000?
thats 18 years old. there will not port for that system because the cpu is to slow and the ram is not enough to run srb2 on.

Yeah we're unlikely to port SRB2 to either PS1 or PS2 at this point.

Though we did apparently attempt ports to PS3 and PSP once apparently, a long time ago.

Nope the ps2 is to slow for that. did you know the PS2 is from the year 2000?
thats 18 years old. there will not port for that system because the cpu is to slow and the ram is not enough to run srb2 on.

but the PS1 has a good Doom port. and SRB2 is based off of Doom.

it may be very possible to port Final Demo 1.09.4 to the PS2 and PS1, seeing as the Dreamcast has a port of it. (and the PS2 is said to be more powerful than the Dreamcast)

I'd like to add that the Dreamcast port barely worked at all. I still have a disc with SRB2 v1.09 beta on it for Dreamcast. There's no music, all the SFX are messed up, and the framerate isn't all that great either.

So yeah, there's technically a Dreamcast port of SRB2, but I don't see why anyone would want to play it other than the novelty of it.

Last edited:
I remember painstakingly finishing DSZ Act 1 on the PSP version, having gotten every Emerald up to that point - I finished the final special stage and earned Super Sonic, AAANNNND....

DSZ Act 2 crashes the game

I promptly uninstalled the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back