Game Banana is Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SossistheNotSossig

PlAy RaId ShAdOw LeDgEnDs.
I just looked on game banana and I am cringed out. The mods are so bad there! And they also rip off other mods like alt sonic and sms. I'm grateful about Sonic Team Jr's choice about having a strict code in order to get on the message board. Thanks guys.

Your welcome! Now you see what kind of dark future we have avoided...

Seriously, there is like, almost no moderation there, I cannot reccomend using GameBanana for SRB2 or SRB2 Kart.

I just looked on game banana and I am cringed out. The mods are so bad there! And they also rip off other mods like alt sonic and sms. I'm grateful about Sonic Team Jr's choice about having a strict code in order to get on the message board. Thanks guys.
Yeah, Gamebanana has a terrible SRB2 community. Otherwise, it's a great website.

In all honesty, I can't recommend Gamebanana in general. It's not just the SRB2 part, too. My account almost got banned for posting a tutorial for Sonic Boll (which I no longer play because of that incident.) A SIMPLE TUTORIAL. This makes me wonder what kind of people are even in charge of the site.

the only thing i like about gamebanana is the rickroll pointy and fluffy mod chrispy put on there
it's only a sprite change but it's worth every kilobyte it takes up

SuperBlur97 is such a prime example as to why you should never even go to SRB2GB

Sometimes you can find genuinely good effort non-rule breaking mods on GB, but its rare, and the reasons I believe there's hidden gems in the rotton banana bin are that:
- The makers don't have a verified SRB2MB account yet.
or
- It's early access while the SRB2MB version is awaiting approval
or
- The makers like cross-posting in general.

I tried to make a mod for gamebanana, but I'd rather not talk about that. Let's just say it ripped of Alt. Sonic. MOVING ON... SuperBlur97 is pretty cring, but he made alot of great mods such as...
Sonic in SRB2
SRB2 2.2.7
Modern Sonic v5
Tails in SRB2
SuperBlur97 World
It's amazing what this specimen could do! ... ok what the heck is this guys deal? Someone posted SRB2 2.2.6 on Gamebanana, good for them, but SuperBlur97 came in and told him to take it down because it was fake.

W H A T

Last edited:
I tried to make a mod for gamebanana, but I'd rather not talk about that. Let's just say it ripped of Alt. Sonic. MOVING ON... SuperBlur97 is pretty cring, but he made alot of great mods such as...
Sonic in SRB2
SRB2 2.2.7
Modern Sonic v5
Tails in SRB2
SuperBlur97 World
It's amazing what this specimen could do! ... ok what the heck is this guys deal? Someone posted SRB2 2.2.6 on Gamebanana, good for them, but SuperBlur97 came in and told him to take it down because it was fake.

W H A T

And he badly advertised his srb2 mod in the sonic mania gamebanana
W H Y

Yeah

The reason of they publish mods there is because it is easier to publish mods there than on the message board

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason of they publish mods there is because it is easier to publish mods there than on the message board

Which is also the reason why a lot of the mods on the SRB2 Gamebanana are also low-quality and buggy, you can basically post freely anything there as long as it isn’t a virus. But like others had said, there is some hidden gems in Gamebanana due it being widely overlooked as a “dump of random mods without moderation” and while it technically is (The MB is WAYY better), there’s the occasional actually good mod.

Also

Which is also the reason why a lot of the mods on the SRB2 Gamebanana are also low-quality and buggy, you can basically post freely anything there as long as it isn’t a virus. But like others had said, there is some hidden gems in Gamebanana due it being widely overlooked as a “dump of random mods without moderation” and while it technically is (The MB is WAYY better), there’s the occasional actually good mod.
Most of there are inexperienced people

[Why did the moderation edit button have to be right next to the Quote button, dangit]

The qualifications for the Message Board releases are so low and easy to meet. The quality level is bare minimum, especially BECAUSE inexperienced creators can get their content out and learn from feedback. But you need to have showed you at least tried. You also need to meet filename contentions so its clear what a file is for, and what version it is, making things easier to sort through in folders and, far more importantly, keeping everyone in sync during multiplayer.

If you can't meet these goals, then you really aren't trying hard enough. Again, this bar is not hard to clear. The most common reasons for mods to be on GameBanana and not here, is if its a deliberate joke, of such poor quality that the user wouldn't be allowed to let it in, or even the user of the mod being a banned user. Sorting through GameBanana's SRB2 and Kart sections are like sorting through trash to find the half-eaten burger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back