How is the game not finished yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitCoder

Launcher Blaster
SRB2 has been in development for 16 years, that's right, SIXTEEN! No game has ever taken this long to be developed. And guess what? The game still has too many flaws! For example, the retarded netcode that desynches people every 5 minutes, the levels aren't finished either, Sonic's sprites are being revamped after many years of being perfectly fine, Tails is the worst of the character sprites included though, and he seems to be the last to be remade. What is up with the pacing of the development here? I understand that the devs have lives unlike me, but just because you have a job doesn't mean you can't work on the game often.

I don't mean to be rude, this just popped into the front of my mind.

w00t this is my 101st post (possibly my last if this is taken the wrong way :/ )

Last edited:
SRB2 has been in development for 16 years, that's right, SIXTEEN! No game has ever taken this long to be developed. And guess what? The game still has too many flaws! For example, the retarded netcode that desynches people every 5 minutes, the levels aren't finished either, Sonic's sprites are being revamped after many years of being perfectly fine, Tails is the worst of the character sprites included though, and he seems to be the last to be remade. What is up with the pacing of the development here? I understand that the devs have lives unlike me, but just because you have a job doesn't mean you can't work on the game often.

w00t this is my 101st post (possibly my last if this is taken the wrong way :/ )

You fucking idiot. How are they supposed to take this? In a 'good way'? You just basically spewed bullshit about every aspect of the game. You have no reason to be complaining, it's not like the devs get paid or some shit.

Fucking kids like you are the reason development is so slow aside from that, they get complaints for every goddamn thing they do. Like FuryHunter upgrading the OGL renderer, all the complaints have to say is 'full color is better'. If you knew posting something like this could get you banned, why in the name of shit are you posting it in the first place?

Also, SRB2 isn't a game. It's a way of life.

Last edited:
Everything takes time. That's all I have to say...

Also, how do you not dig the new Sonic? It's perfect.

Last edited:
I swear, Phil's is the most hostile post I've seen so far here. Take a damn chill pill.

And the devs have a life too, complain all you like, you won't change that.

You fucking idiot. How are they supposed to take this? In a 'good way'? You just basically spewed bullshit about every aspect of the game. You have no reason to be complaining, it's not like the devs get paid or some shit.

Fucking kids like you are the reason development is so slow aside from that, they get complaints for every goddamn thing they do. Like FuryHunter upgrading the OGL renderer, all the complaints have to say is 'full color is better'. If you knew posting something like this could get you banned, why in the name of shit are you posting it in the first place?

Also, SRB2 isn't a game. It's a way of life.

Both of you idiots. Devs don't have much time to finish this game. Think what they do in outerlife. They are so busy.

Its a Sonic Fangame, they work on the game when they want to considering also they aren't being paid for it.

Psst, SRB2 is actually 17 years old now as of last month.

EDIT: On a serious note though, everyone else has pretty much summed up why the OP's ranting is pointless: we work on the game in our spare time, and we don't get money for working on it.

It can also be said that the length of time spent developing the game has allowed it to be even better. IIRC the game itself was planned to be completed by some point years ago, long before the release of 2.0 ...if we had actually met that goal, the game as a whole would probably be a lot worse than it is now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back