• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

DIGITIZE.wad (Super alpha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Destiny

dealer of Retribution.
Just a zone im working on here and there, its in alpha state. Its not even close to being done, heres a few screenies. The only area i have done is the intro area though.
srb20003-3.png

srb20004-1.png

srb20005.png

Trust me, there is still PLENTY of work to be done.

http://www.4shared.com/file/199560390/45408ba8/Digitize.html

To be honest, this looks more like Disgusting Eyesore Zone than anything else. But I'm not gonna say anything definite before I have played it.

I didn't really like the gameplay. There wasn't much platforming to it (mostly, it's done by Springs) and the turret got in the way.
I didn't like the mixing of textures. I think the grid textures look better than the one with flashing lights, and the one with blue arrows you used for the giant lasers; the red gridline flat should be used at the start to match the walls. And, there wasn't much interesting scenery throughout.
I didn't like the music choice. The old Special Stage music would really work in a setting like this.

I didn't really like the gameplay. There wasn't much platforming to it (mostly, it's done by Springs) and the turret got in the way.
I didn't like the mixing of textures. I think the grid textures look better than the one with flashing lights, and the one with blue arrows you used for the giant lasers; the red gridline flat should be used at the start to match the walls. And, there wasn't much interesting scenery throughout.
I didn't like the music choice. The old Special Stage music would really work in a setting like this.

Im going to be totally honest with you, the huge lazers are sort of a placeholder for other objects. I intend on adding scenic things such as so called "data block transfers" to fit the digital mood (a sidescrolling translucent block) and many other things. Like i said the wad is still in alpha but i definitely do appreciate the criticism, it does help.

The music is mostly up in the air, but i do like tunes 87.

and lastly, this is just the introduction type area, not really anything pertaining to the whole level's structure here.

Again as i said, all criticism is welcomed. I take so its not personal and instead for helping purposes.

(just dont flame -_-)

Reminds me of my latest contest submission...but in a much more primitive state, and Single Player.

It's not bad; it's just very incomplete and crude...but I'm sure you already know that. Make it a little less cramped, and the level could have some promise.

Reminds me of my latest contest submission...but in a much more primitive state, and Single Player.

It's not bad; it's just very incomplete and crude...but I'm sure you already know that. Make it a little less cramped, and the level could have some promise.

Thanks, i appreciate the kind words. I sort of have some type of new inspiration and ideas for the level now that ive show it.

One another note: if i could find my tropicalgaze.wad (i think its on my 4shared acc because my computer got reformatted) i would resubmit it and finish it. Its one of my better works.

Wow, this wad reminds me of one of the levels in the mod i'm making. =P

Very good level, very good.

Didn't play it yet, but, shouldn't the green flat in the 3rd pic you know, fit in with the textures?

EDIT: http://img59.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=srb20124.png
1st pic: Suggestion, make the blocks green in between the blue and yellow, it might look more cool.
2nd pic: This jump is kinda hard, I suggest you remove the randomly floating laser block.
3rd pic: This part should be so that you can not go back through there.
Last pic: Was the green here intended?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back