We're Not Dead Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if that zone will ever get made, so I left it out for now.
This sounds like a bad idea and could turn into a catastrophe but how about we have the community desgin levels for Dark City Zone and which one is the best can be used in the next version? It's like the OLDC we (used to) have but only with one theme.

This sounds like a bad idea and could turn into a catastrophe
I'm not sure what "idea" you're referring to here, but if you mean the fact that DCZ might not get made, it's not so much an "idea" as a realistic assessment of the capabilities of the dev team. To paraphrase something Mystic said a while back, they would love to make DCZ, but they don't know if they have the manpower to do so.

but how about we have the community desgin levels for Dark City Zone and which one is the best can be used in the next version? It's like the OLDC we (used to) have but only with one theme.
It's not that easy. First of all, we don't know what the plans for DCZ are, i.e. which gimmicks it should have, which enemies it should feature etc. And even if we did, it's unlikely that these features could be implemented without additional programming. There's more that goes into a level of SRB2 than just mapping.

This sounds like a bad idea and could turn into a catastrophe but how about we have the community desgin levels for Dark City Zone and which one is the best can be used in the next version? It's like the OLDC we (used to) have but only with one theme.

I think that might be good. Although, it does have some downsides to it, like the judging for it, what will be the best one? What factors would each be
Have. Perhaps people like mystic should just build it.

It's not that easy. First of all, we don't know what the plans for DCZ are, i.e. which gimmicks it should have, which enemies it should feature etc. And even if we did, it's unlikely that these features could be implemented without additional programming. There's more that goes into a level of SRB2 than just mapping.

That´s the point. I´m one that would love to see DCZ make it into the game too, but I suspect getting the gimmicks done is a big part of the final SRB2. Far away are the times when all levels felt like another Greenflower and we only had 2 different bosses. If DCZ makes it, it should have its own gimmicks.

Anyway, I suppose if DCZ Act 1 & 2 aren´t there, we´ll have at least DCZ3, which will be the current final boss of the game.

Finally, our coders haven’t been sitting entirely doing nothing with the netcode not working.
mar13a.png

I dont know... I see 2 players in this photo...

I think by now everyone not in IRC should be informed that the Sonic & Tails duo option was adopted from SRB2 JTE. This doesn't necessarily mean the multiplayer bots were brought over, because trying to make them smarter is time wasted for other things that need it.

(that or I hope JTE wasn't trolling)

Actually, he's intentionally STUPIDER than the JTE bot to make it more like the classic games =P

Enjoy that wonderful sound of Tails getting hit and Tails dying behind you. I know I do.

Enjoy that wonderful sound of Tails getting hit and Tails dying behind you.
But Tails is immortal!! He always just bounces right back from the things that would kill Sonic!!

Edit: That is, unless someone is playing as him alone. Then he's just a wimp like everyone else.

Last edited:
Not really. He's just coded not to fly anymore unless he's respawning. Since this frequently was his only method of getting out of something, it causes more situations like in classic Sonic where he gets hit over and over again, much to our personal amusement.

Not really. He's just coded not to fly anymore unless he's respawning. Since this frequently was his only method of getting out of something, it causes more situations like in classic Sonic where he gets hit over and over again, much to our personal amusement.

Well, at least it brings back memories. Good they're not Special Stage memories either....

So...are you planning on doing any other duos in 2.1?
Since you've already got that whole Sonic & Tails thing sorted out..

No. The idea behind S&T is that it's mimicking S2 and S3. There are no plans whatsoever to add multiple character combinations.

Last edited:
This, i have to say i cannot stop looking at these pictures! I'm especially curious of the first picture. I wonder if the tailsbot (Or maybe part of the game) can carry you around.

He can't carry you around if he's controlling himself because he's designed to emulate the Tails that follows you in Sonic 2/3K. However, you can indeed control him directly with the player 2 controls and make him fly you if you want to. Be aware that it's kinda hard to control him because of the perspective, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back