• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Four Elements - Level Pack(4 levels and 1 boss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHCC

Too fast for you to see me.
First, I am using a translator because I do not speak (or write) English.
Well .. Let's start: I'm doing a pack of levels, four levels, each of one element: air, earth, fire and water. The last level is a boss made only for tails, then only the tails can defeat the boss.
I did a demo with two elements in a small level. the link is here:

Level: http://www.4shared.com/file/254141650/b9263816/TwoElements.html
Tails Boss: http://www.4shared.com/file/254141665/e2619f5a/Tailsboss.html

NOTE: It will take a while until the pack is ready levels, meanwhile, you can be satisfies with the demo.

EDIT:I gave up ... Indeed you are very critical. Although this is the first level I did, seems to have been pretty bad ... So I just edited the level to make it more "playable." I also did a boss level only for the tails (can fly at ease with him, since he flies for infinite time in this wad.)
NOTE: The boss level Replaces the map 3.

Last edited:
So... you have no progress. Besides a test demo of some lava?

I suggest just making one level first. Making a pack can make the quality of the levels worse if you are trying to get a whole bunch done instead of one.

Autosaver, he has a level. In fact, it's a long, completable level. And it's not only lava.
Plus, a level pack of 4 levels isn't that hard.

Review coming when I actually complete the level; this is very hard, actually.

So... you have no progress. Besides a test demo of some lava?

I suggest just making one level first. Making a pack can make the quality of the levels worse if you are trying to get a whole bunch done instead of one.

You do not have reason to be complaining. My pack of levels is in progress, but it will take a long time to be done, because I have school to go, and some housework to do, and then I have time to spare to keep doing the pack.
And one more thing, my demo is a playable level, with some parts a little difficult. And as Spherallic said, not only is lava.

Note: Before you complain, download the demo and see how, if you do not like, give a critique talking about what you don't liked, or pointing out an error.

Downloading right now.
When you said "small level" I instantly thought GFZ. :P
Sphere - A long... yes LONG.. D=

2rhpxd4.png

I'm cheating. :( (Died as Knuckles once I got here so I abused Tails)

24mgeut.png

The start.... What is with all the shields? One not enough? :P

3506u1d.png

After you start.. you cross platforms that grow smaller and smaller.
These don't have no climb.. but the other ones in the level do. ?_?
Why did the little platforms have no-climb? :P

14ljc7l.png

Boring platform waiting! :(

2j68zmf.png

Some tedious fan area.. yuck

Overall:
So we have a whole bunch of shields... OK. Now we shield jump from platform to platform. Then we get to small ones that I just jump over. Tedious! Then we get to moving platforms that take forever! More tedious waiting. Fan part... Ok! I go straight... DEAD. Lost all your lives? Back to the start!

I rage quit because this level is waaay too tedious. No checkpoints in sight.
You waited a while for the platforms and finally got up! Now you fall and you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

Yuck!

I know this is a demo, but adding a checkpoint would make all our lives easier. This isn't a level in any means, it looked like a tech demo. (It is a demo.. but you get the point)

Last edited:
Why did the little platforms have no-climb? :P

well ... these platforms do not have no-climb. Why? because it becomes a way easier to knuckles out of the "small platforms."
Have you ever noticed that the normal jump knuckles not reach the platforms that rise (not the small platforms)? That's why you need a lot of those shields.
This is a demo, so do not expect it to be so cool and amazing as the original I'm doing.
On the issue of boredom, the map of air is not as boring as well, unless you do not have the patience to wait to get to the top of the flying platform.
As part of the fans ... means that you are not open to small challenges, because that part, just go slow on the curves.

Do not disappoint XD. The original map is not boring, believe me.

Edit:After the air has the earth. On the ground level you'll even forget the air, try to go and see how it goes.

Last edited:
This level's platforming is in fact "not very good" its basically a non-stop jumping, balancing and all around tedious experience, no flow in the level and a repeating gimmick that doesnt show very much thought.

Sorry for being so harsh but this level is basically all precision and lots of items placed everywhere.

For the most part its a good start though, but it needs a lot of work. Maybe adding somewhere where you can run, or some midways in which the precision environment flows to a fast environment and back down to precision.

I agree.

It looks like you are toying around with things. Do you have any progress on the "real" level?

Okay, I'm sorry, but this has got to be the most conceptually flawed level I have ever seen. Not only do you have the most tedious and cheap level design decisions ever, but you expand them for way longer than called for. If Neo Aerial Garden is tough but fair, Four Elements is suicidal and a test of the player's patience rather than his skills. Your efforts (and I do get the impression that you really didn't work that hard on this) are clearly misguided.

The thing that ticks me off the most is after you pass the initial area and warp to the next, only to be squashed to death shortly afterward.

Frak this shat. I quit.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm sorry, but this has got to be the most conceptually flawed level I have ever seen. Not only do you have the most tedious and cheap level design decisions ever, but you expand them for way longer than called for. If Neo Aerial Garden is tough but fair, Four Elements is suicidal and a test of the player's patience rather than his skills. Your efforts (and I do get the impression that you really didn't work that hard on this) are clearly misguided.

The thing that ticks me off the most is after you pass the initial area and warp to the next, only to be squashed to death shortly afterward.

Frak this shat. I quit.

I rage quit too.
Like I said, it is probably a toy demo.

Is there any.. REAL progress on the mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back