Visplane Explorer question (Zone Builder)

Fanthom

Also known as Strawberry
Hello everyone.
After discovering Visplane Explorer on Zone Builder, I quickly googled it to understand what its purpose is. (http://eureka-editor.sourceforge.net/?n=VisExp.Main)

But even after reading that, I still don't understand what I'm looking at.
What do the lighter areas mean? And what about the darker ones? Should I be worried about red areas?
Thank you all in advance.

Best regards.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly experienced in SRB2 mapping, but since no one has answered yet, and I know a couple things from Doom, I'm telling you what I know.

The Visplane Explorer is used in Vanilla Doom mapping (The original game without any enhancements), since there are built-in limits to the levels. Like, if your map is too detailed, you may get a visplane overflow (crash), or a drawseg overflow (weird hall of mirrors effect everywhere). What Visplane Explorer allows you to do, is to know which areas have exceeded one of these static limits and help you fix it.

However, outside of Vanilla Doom mapping, all it does is help you make sure the amount of detail isn't just completely insane and cause certain computers to slow down, but here in SRB2 almost no one cares about that so you'll probably be just fine by not using it at all.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back