Character Specific Zones

Is there any way to have character specific zones? I'm not talking about paths that are only accessible as certain characters, I mean actual zones that you can only get to as certain characters.

I've seen some. But none at the very moment.

It shouldnt be too hard to map for a single character although everyone tries to accommodate for the main 6

I've seen some. But none at the very moment.

It shouldnt be too hard to map for a single character although everyone tries to accommodate for the main 6

Well how do I actually go about doing it then? And I don't mean forcing a character for a certain level, I mean that if you pick that character the campaign itself is different.

Add the following to the level heading:
ForceCharacter = Character

Example: ForceCharacter = Tails

If it is Amy, Metal Sonic or Feng, then they must be open, otherwise it will not work.

Amy levels do not work correctly in record attack. I already did a bug report.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Perhaps I misunderstood. You cannot make it so that a certain character cannot enter the zone. You can make it so that when you enter the level you become exactly this character.

I mean that if you pick that character the campaign itself is different.

That would likely be possible with Lua, probably something that checks what skin you are and then sends you to a different level accordingly, though I'm not familiar with the logistics of how exactly you would do that.

Maybe you can do something similar to how S3K did it and split the path for a different character on Act 1 so that they can access a different Act 2?

That, and you can also set different starting points for characters in a zone IIRC. You could have a single opening level where everyone starts somewhere different and go their own way to a custom level exit (as exits can lead to different zones), where only the character you picked will have access to it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back