Multiplayer glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanPie

Skilled at being bad!
Hi!
Ok so I just went back to SRB2, wanting to play mutiplayer. However when i press Room... <Select to change> It loads saying "fetching room info"and after 3 or so minutes it just goes back to the Join game search.
Is there anyway to fix it?
(also yes I'm using 2.1.14)
Thanks!

It's happening too much recently, i believe it's nothing major because if it was there would be probably some notification about it, but it's taking so long anyways.

You can still start your server and Post your IP Adresse here and let people join your server using console, As long as you have UDP Port 5029 forwarded .

The MS has been mostly down over the last week. I thought it was just my internet (because there was no "Master Server is Offline" message), but apparently not.

If you want to play SRB2 with your friends in general, I'd recommend using something like Evolve, Tuungle, or Logmein Hamachi.

If you want to play SRB2 with your friends in general, I'd recommend using something like Evolve, Tuungle, or Logmein Hamachi.
Regardless of how, using programs to avoid port-forwarding would almost definitely always be slower than port-forwarding, and if you can give your friends your IP address, they can join you (if you port-forward) without the need of the master server. Besides, to host on the master server and have random people join you from it, you'd still need to port-forward, so if you're a hoster, port-forwarding is basically essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back