Where i can learn LUA Coding?/Who can teach me LUA Coding?

DeuxYoshi

so, hi everyone.

so, lets get right to the point.

im very new in these mod making things, and im the creator of the Crewmate Among Us Mod, for now i only know how to make sprites and basic things, but i would LOVE to learn LUA coding, my among us mod is ENTIRELY coded by a friend, so, where i can learn LUA coding?,some people tell me that is somewhat hard to LUA code, but i dont care honestly XD, there's like a tutorial to learn LUA basics or what?

my english is very bad sorry lul.

Hello there!

Lua scripting can be hard if you don't have any background with programming languages, but there are plenty of tutorials to get to it.
Lua just so happens to be one of the easy languages to learn!

In addition to the tutorialspoint page BEANS posted, there is also a tutorial in Lua-users, a reference manual (the which you won't find much use of until you're deep into Lua), and many other tutorials around the internet.

The SRB2 Wiki has a page on Lua as well.

Now, SRB2 adds a bunch of features that are not common to normal Lua, so I'd recommend learning the normal version of Lua first and getting used to it before delving into SRB2 scripting.
You can find a quick Lua interpreter in lua.org so you can try out small experiments, or you can look around for a downloadable interpreter as well.

By the way, this is just nitpicking but you don't need to emphasize every five words on your message.

Hello there!

Lua scripting can be hard if you don't have any background with programming languages, but there are plenty of tutorials to get to it.
Lua just so happens to be one of the easy languages to learn!

In addition to the tutorialspoint page BEANS posted, there is also a tutorial in Lua-users, a reference manual (the which you won't find much use of until you're deep into Lua), and many other tutorials around the internet.

The SRB2 Wiki has a page on Lua as well.

Now, SRB2 adds a bunch of features that are not common to normal Lua, so I'd recommend learning the normal version of Lua first and getting used to it before delving into SRB2 scripting.
You can find a quick Lua interpreter in lua.org so you can try out small experiments, or you can look around for a downloadable interpreter as well.

By the way, this is just nitpicking but you don't need to emphasize every five words on your message.

Oh Yeah i know, thanks you so much

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back