I am the fail of SRB2 match netgames. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penopat

dispenser erection
Recently, I have been presenting rather low-performance on my SRB2 match games lately. My aim has died out, and while I can still dodge, I lack the control I used to have. My pitiful reaction time(reflexes) was always crappy, and still as such is my greatest weakness. I have been recently defeated quite badly by people I usually am equal to or better. Bah.

How do I become better? If anything, my repeated playing of SRB2 match games have made me worse and slower at SRB2 match. Of course, that probably means I'm not going to get much better, but c-laggy games don't help and supposed "oldbies" don't really play so I never really get much influence besides a select few people. I'm tired of not being the one on the top and/or being 2nd defeated by a large sum, but I even don't feel as determined as I used to - I just feel annoyed more. Huh. </whinyrant>

So, any tips to improve my petty "skills"? Any comments? Tips for improving my precision aim ((bomb)rails) or spraying? Tips for playstyle? Replies much obliged.

Holy...I have the SAME problem....great at dodging...aim sucks....well...can someone please explain to us?

Honestly, I find that if I seriously try to win, I do worse than if I relax and just play.

Also, trying to outwit the other players into being where you want them to be is more important than aim. For instance, in Zero Ring, a great way to do this is to run behind the couch, and then chuck rings down the narrow passageway. If they follow you, they're going to be hit, whether your aim is good or not. If they must walk into a certain area, and your crosshair already happens to be on that spot, you're going to be a much better shot. There are plenty of places in pretty much every level you can attempt this trick on, and it works like a charm on almost everyone, assuming you can get them to go after you. If they're running from you, that's even easier, since you can just shoot at the doorway they're running for.

Also, I find that every character has some advantage in match.

Knux is pretty much a ninja, being able to hide then jump out at enemy players.
Sonic's thok is obviously win at dodging.
And flying around as Tails will make you hard to hit, though a tad hard to aim as well.

A flying tails is always a easy target. Is why I always looks up in match.

Edit: Oh, and another thing...

Listen to the rings. Sometimes, people shoot you from behind, so what I do is turn around quick and shoot them.

Springing in the air while someone is about to shoot you.

Just...use rail. Kay? :P And try to follow their movements.

Not like this though. *shot*

So, any tips to improve my petty "skills"? Any comments? Tips for improving my precision aim ((bomb)rails) or spraying? Tips for playstyle? Replies much obliged.
Don't play Srb2! You'll get better in your life!

Play CTF, and be a constant flag runner. You'd be amazed at how learning to dodge improves your skills.

I'm a great fan of outwitting the oppoenent, and being knuckles just adds to it. A great example of this is Airbourne Temple, where I go to the far edge and just cling on, while purposely having an enemy (usually sonic) watching. He will attempt at hitting me, and just when he's about to, I climb back, swerve, and shoot him in the process, sending him tumbling to his doom. Of course, at times, it will backfire, sending either just me or both of us to our doom, but whatever.

On top of everyone elses suggestions for the game. (you know, why do people find Tails is hard to hit when he is flying? I use it as a way to get a surprise hit and if that fails get away by flyinh up)
Try doing a CTF game against a group of other people alone, you will be amazed at how much that can help improve your manuvering as you will have to think ahead and shoot everyone else in the back also i have found that people slack off a bit in a seven vs one game which can make things a bit easier. (or for a more realistic idea, three vs one <_<)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back