Port forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
he said that i had a weird port (can't remember but i tink it was 61509, im not sure ).

O.o
That sounds strange; your computer does not only have one port. Maybe he meant the port where 5029 is redirected to by your router.

I do not know if it is possible to change the port SRB2 uses to host - if it is, it is most probably possible using a command line parameter. You could try to do that and set this port to 61509 or whatever. I do not think that this works, but you could try it. ;)

MY IP is dynamic, still I can host.
my IP is dynamic both ways, when I reconnect, and my internal IP. Both are dynamic.
But the problem is did you check ipconfig in your COMMAND PROMPT?
Did you see 192.168.0.100 as the IP Address? Not Default Gateway, just IP Address(IPv4 address).
Then try again and put it. :P If THAT's even the problem. Hope i helped
EDIT:
Repeating what TBF Said ,sorry. :P
But It was my problem long time ago, it might work for you too.

The funny thing is that it is impossible to not do it. God, stop trolling.

I found something on the computer of my brother.
He uses Tunngle, and we thought that was the problem. We have tried to uninstall also because he wasn't using it. However after uninstalling the Tunngle we found that this was not the problem. My brother also uses steam but i did not uninstalled it because he usually plays with it. We still need help.

Last edited:
There is only one thing left I could think of being the reason for the problem: Your ISP blocks the port.

I have no other ideas left. ;)

If you post your IP address here or PM it to me in two weeks (I am on vacation), I will Nmap-portscan it to see if the port is open. Maybe that helps. ;)
Please do this when I am online because I have to scan the IP as fast as possible (it is dynamic and could change before I scan).
Also, I think every Linux user in this community could do this for you, too. ;)

Code:
sudo nmap -sS -A 123.456.6.789

This is our Ip

There is only one thing left I could think of being the reason for the problem: Your ISP blocks the port.
If you post your IP address here or PM it to me in two weeks (I am on vacation), I will Nmap-portscan it to see if the port is open. Maybe that helps. ;)

Allright.. This is my IP (Brazilian IP) : 189.33.6.129
I post it now because mayabe someone else can fix this.

Last edited:
Internet service provider, cioè il tuo fornitore del servizio di Internet, esempio Tiscali o Alice o Fastweb...

Internet service provider, cioè il tuo fornitore del servizio di Internet, esempio Tiscali o Alice o Fastweb...

Oh ok! E allora come faccio ad aprire la porta? ToBeFree Dice che L'ISP me la blocca.

(Translate)

Oh ok! So how do i forward the port? ToBeFree said that my ISP blocks my port.

Oh ok! So how do i forward the port? ToBeFree said that my ISP blocks my port.

I said your ISP maybe blocks the port. Also, I am still on vacation and unable to scan your ports. If the IP you posted is dynamic, it is worthless for me if I do not portscan it immediately. I will be back on Saturday.

I think it would be good if you join the #SRB2Fun channel to contact me on Saturday or later. That should make it easy for me to find out your current IP, too.

Hey, I have another idea! :D

Does your router response to Ping requests? Maybe the MS pings a IP first to check if it is online! If that is the case, the problem is solved!

Try this...:

1. Open the router configuration.
2. Look for an option like "response to ping requests" or "allow ping" (or something like that).
3. Select this option to allow pinging you.
4. Maybe your internal IP is "dynamic", so forward your ports again, using the tutorial.
5. Now disable your computer's firewall and try to host.

I really hope this is the solution. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back