SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 07-26-2011   #1
Steelie
I don't believe the hype

Default Your best "owned" moment from Match/CTF

Oh hey guys, I just want to know if you had something like "Owned" moment where you own the enemy in really, REALLY epic way. Like hitting 3 players with one hit etc.

My one was on Lime Forest while MK Marsters attacked the base, I hit him with Explosion Ring and he dropped rings and died. I don't know how that happened, maybe that Bomb crushed him or something. Anyways, I'd like to hear yours.
Steelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #2
Sergeant Brown
An Eggman Fan

There's no better, satisfactory owning moment than sniping people into their doom in Nimbus Ruins Zone.

It's just the true definition of ownage: Kill people without them being able to do anything about you.
Sergeant Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #3
VelocitOni
KartKrew Dev
Developer

One time someone on my team got sniped in Nimbus Ruins Zone, and I actually accidentally caught him with Tails over a death pit. Though I wouldn't really call that an 'owned moment'.

Another time, I was playing D00D64's Mario Kart pack at Peaches castle with 6 players. I was last the whole race but got a star and hit about 4 of the other racers and made it to 2nd place (because of the imbalanced star-time). Then at the part where you jump of the big red mushroom to the finish line, I threw a bomb right before the ramp. And a few meters before the guy in front of me finished, the bomb magically fell out of the sky at a quick and unavoidable speed and blew him up; and of course I luckily won. Both of our initial reactions were, "WTF!?!?", but I was literally laughing to death on my side.

Another time I was playing with Blitz-T in D00D's pack again at Sand Ruins. Blitz-T and me were the only ones racing, while Kyllian1212 was commentating (with spelling errors all over the place :P). It was pretty boring and one-sided the whole time until I got a redshell and threw it through the long hallway with the abilities. It ended up hitting him about 7 seconds later, and I got front row seats to it from the fly path (Not to mention it helped me win). What was even more hilarious is that one of the walls that he broke for the power path respawned on him for a second while he was down.

And one last time in Sand Ruins (Riders Mode, vanilla SRB2Riders), we were playing with a bunch of players, about 9 IIRC. 5 people were on my trail at the end section with the auto-guided sequence that takes you above ground again. I hit an invincibility monitor and unwillingly attacked 4 of the 5 people racing head-to-head behind me at the turn around.

Last edited by VelocitOni; 07-26-2011 at 04:13 PM.
VelocitOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #4
Steelie
I don't believe the hype

One more, Nimbus Ruins.

Owning one player (forget who) with Armageddon Shield while he was gliding over the huge Pit between base and main middle platform. I've hit somebody behind me which he yelled "WTF?!" and then I really started to laugh.
Old 07-26-2011   #5
Azure

Picture says it all. :3

EDIT: Yea I know. Doesn't really say exactly how I 'owned' but I really felt like posting that here.

Last edited by Azure; 07-26-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #6
abiT-v2
Strange...

I was once playing with Pandea and Messos, and when I was firing Automatic Ring on Pandea, and sudently 4 bomb rings gave me a head shot ;p
Old 07-26-2011   #7
Steelie
I don't believe the hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiT-v2 View Post
I was once playing with Pandea and Messos, and when I was firing Automatic Ring on Pandea, and sudently 4 bomb rings gave me a head shot ;p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Oh hey guys, I just want to know if you had something like "Owned" moment where you own the enemy in really, REALLY epic way. Like hitting 3 players with one hit etc.
Y'know, sometimes you could read the first topic. ;P

And Iceman404, you didn't read the title correctly, I meant in Match/CTF, not in Race, Coop, but Tag and H&S is good, in every shooting gametype. But that doesn't really matter now. =P
Old 07-26-2011   #8
kyllian1212
inactive

Yes i was commentating XD
Also,it can be limited ONLY to match/ctf/Tag/H&S,it could be race or coop also.
Old 07-26-2011   #9
Ice
Pretty chill guy

There's nothing like getting chased across the map, rings flying every which way around you, turning around, zeroing in on your pursuer, and sending them flying back with a single rail ring.

Oh! And there's always when your opponent is hilariously innacurate and spamming rings at you. You just wait until that sucker has fired off their last one and simply kill them off. Fun stuff.
Old 07-26-2011   #10
sphere
Developer

Less than a week ago (I think?), in SRB2CS, I got first place in a long match in Frost Columns. The funny thing is that I beat Spazzo and LXShadow in their own mod, and also a few returning oldbies with still quite a lot of skill left.

Another moment of pure ownage was in Silver Cascade: I managed to, with a single explosion ring, hit three people at the same time. Including the flag carrier, while carrying a flag myself, in my own base. Insta-capture!

Also, capturing the flag in Nimbus Ruins five times in a row within 1 minute. Seriously!
sphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #11
Final Radiance

Gliding into a group of four and bombarding them with Explosion rings until somehow one of them got crushed by the wall.
Final Radiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #12
Bbop800
hey

...beating newbies/keyboard players all the time in both gametypes? *shot*

Add me on Steam!
Bbop800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #13
Mystic
チェン!

http://mystic.srb2.org/images/srb2/j...v/srb20049.png - I still can't believe the unbelievable timing of this screenshot. Honestly pretty much any time I force someone into eating a death feels quite good.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #14
Larz T
Siced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
http://mystic.srb2.org/images/srb2/j...v/srb20049.png - I still can't believe the unbelievable timing of this screenshot. Honestly pretty much any time I force someone into eating a death feels quite good.
What's with the double stars over the weapon? Developer Cheat?
YouTube

Larz T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #15
Torgo

It was the old way of displaying anything over 100 weapon rings.
Old 07-27-2011   #16
Larz T
Siced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
It was the old way.
Oh like 2.0 - 2.0.2 years?
YouTube

Larz T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #17
Kitoko
This is invalid!
Permanently Banned

Instead of posting my own "owned" picture, I will say that nothing owns more in SRB2 than having fun with your friends :)
Kitoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #18
Sky The Destroyer

Spoiler: Big Image
Do I win?
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #19
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan

Sky, you're so bad at editing pictures it isn't funny.

(lol your signature)

Last edited by fickleheart; 07-27-2011 at 04:34 AM. Reason: good job editing your signature after I posted
fickleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #20
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
Spoiler: Big Image
Do I win?
Yes, you get the "HOW DOES I PHOTOSHAWP" Splicing Award. Way to go.
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote